What's new

Nice silver spill today

40 Rounds

Full Member
Joined
Nov 26, 2016
Messages
121
Reaction score
1,278
Golden Thread
0
Location
Iowa
Detector(s) used
GARRETT AT PRO, EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Not much to show for 3 hours detecting in the heat until this happened. Deep repeatable signal that would not give a VDI. Decided to dig and after a little scraping the dirt away I saw the edge of the quarter. I should have gotten a picture but I was too excited to see if it actually was a silver. After digging 8-10 ring pulls I got a little anxious lol! I popped the quarter and the Barber dime popped out too. Put my pinpointer back into the hole and found the Mercury dime. 1904 Barber dime, 1906 D Barber quarter and a 1918 Mercury dime all in one hole about 7-8 inches deep!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3268.webp
    IMG_3268.webp
    3.1 MB · Views: 268
  • IMG_3269.webp
    IMG_3269.webp
    1.4 MB · Views: 106
  • IMG_3270.webp
    IMG_3270.webp
    1.3 MB · Views: 138
  • IMG_3272.webp
    IMG_3272.webp
    1,012.4 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_3273.webp
    IMG_3273.webp
    834.1 KB · Views: 140
Upvote 38
That almost never happens. Congratulations on a fine recovery that you'll probably never forget.
 
Not much to show for 3 hours detecting in the heat until this happened. Deep repeatable signal that would not give a VDI. Decided to dig and after a little scraping the dirt away I saw the edge of the quarter. I should have gotten a picture but I was too excited to see if it actually was a silver. After digging 8-10 ring pulls I got a little anxious lol! I popped the quarter and the Barber dime popped out too. Put my pinpointer back into the hole and found the Mercury dime. 1904 Barber dime, 1906 D Barber quarter and a 1918 Mercury dime all in one hole about 7-8 inches deep!
Nice spill! Love the designs on turn of the century coins!
 
Not much to show for 3 hours detecting in the heat until this happened. Deep repeatable signal that would not give a VDI. Decided to dig and after a little scraping the dirt away I saw the edge of the quarter. I should have gotten a picture but I was too excited to see if it actually was a silver. After digging 8-10 ring pulls I got a little anxious lol! I popped the quarter and the Barber dime popped out too. Put my pinpointer back into the hole and found the Mercury dime. 1904 Barber dime, 1906 D Barber quarter and a 1918 Mercury dime all in one hole about 7-8 inches deep!
Boy, I sure love seeing all that old silver. There are few things better than a silver pocket spill. Great find! Congrats!!!
 
Not much to show for 3 hours detecting in the heat until this happened. Deep repeatable signal that would not give a VDI. Decided to dig and after a little scraping the dirt away I saw the edge of the quarter. I should have gotten a picture but I was too excited to see if it actually was a silver. After digging 8-10 ring pulls I got a little anxious lol! I popped the quarter and the Barber dime popped out too. Put my pinpointer back into the hole and found the Mercury dime. 1904 Barber dime, 1906 D Barber quarter and a 1918 Mercury dime all in one hole about 7-8 inches deep!
Great hunt!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom