l.cutler

Silver Member
Dec 2, 2006
NEPA
Detector(s) used
Tejon, Cibola, T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Impossible to say without knowing the actual condition, anywhere from $10 on up into the thousands. Condition depends on amount of detail remaining on the coin. One determining factor is how many letters of the word Liberty are clear on the headband. scratches, nicks, corrosion, and whether or not the coin has been cleaned are also factors.

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Congrats on the find, WTG!!!
Here a link to a site I use to get an idea of the values:PCGS's Price Guide.
Not sure how accurate it is, but it will give you some idea.
Good Luck, & Happy hunting~

OP
OP
manscamp

manscamp

Jan 8, 2007
Pa.
Detector(s) used
spectrum xlt
thanks for the replies. i don`t see any scratches on it and looking with a magiflier glass i can make the word liberty out.

killerwine

Feb 24, 2005
Visalia, CA
With "Liberty" being complete the coin could grade F-12 or better....F-12 with no mint marks starts at $27 and goes up from there for better grades. Check to see if it has a S mint mark and I think you will be pleasantly surprised!

killerwine

Feb 24, 2005
Visalia, CA
To grade F-12 on the reverse half the feathers should show and E PLURIBUS UNUM must be complete although a few of the letters may be weak....

OP
OP
manscamp

manscamp

Jan 8, 2007
Pa.
Detector(s) used
spectrum xlt
I am going to assume it`s at least a f-12 or better i can read the whole back. All the feathers are there. hardly worn on the back. Want to thank you all for the replies. You all really helped out.

Old Tom

Aug 4, 2006
Milton, Florida
Detector(s) used
White's Surfmaster PI, Eagle Spectrum, Fisher 1235-X, 1280-X
been a while since a graded a barber .. but from what I remember for the obverse - for liberty
if you can read 3 letters it can grade fine - F - 15
if you can make out all the letters can grade very fine - VF - 30
if Liberty is bold can grade extra fine - XF/EF - 45

This is assuming that that rest of the obverse has no damage and wear is consistant.

Reverse is pretty much the same .. to be XF -45 .. should have minimun wear, all letters visible, full detail with feathers.

Grading is very opinionated, 3 different people can grade the same coin different. In this hobby you should really learn about coins and how to determine grade and value.
Again just my opinion.

Tom

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread