1904 V Nickel

minton7

Mar 28, 2007
south central ohio
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
after hunting about 1 1/2 hours at another spot, I decided to hit a house I have pounded before.... well there is an old brick sidewalk along one edge of the house... I have hit it before and found nothing.. I tried it again yesterday... ground was super hard there...... hit a iffy shallow signal.... kept digging and digging.. nearly gave up... was frustrated... ended up pulling out a 1904 V Nickel.... imagine my frustration that I scratched the back... least it wasnt a key date or anything........ I had the gain turned up VERY high.. that is why the depth reading was off on my XLT.. somehow this was coming up in the low 50's.... so I was expecting a screw cap.....

Attachments

• v.jpg
    v.jpg
    4 KB · Views: 248
  • v2.jpg
    v2.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 249
Upvote 0

SoreKneesDayton

Bronze Member
Oct 27, 2007
Dayton, Oh
Detector(s) used
Whites M-6 with Bullseye Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is in good shape Randy, if it was a size I could see...lol

See that gain all the way up really helps but the depth is off some. So just keep that in mind and find more. what gets me is the indian head cents...they show as zinc penny often at +65-67 VDI or even a +74 VDI which is usually trash.

I will sacrafice an incorrect depth reading for an old coin anyday.

Good Hunting buddy and God Bless

Now I need to find a CW belt buckle like yours.

Terry
SKD
WeDigOhio

OP
OP
M

minton7

Mar 28, 2007
south central ohio
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
sorry for the size of the pix... when my comp crashed I lost my photo editing program... I am just using the scanner.. so I just scan and crop.. it is actual size pretty well.......

As for the buckle..... just keep huntin those old houses.... found mine outta sheer dumb luck....... even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then... LOL

The Ih's will come up at differing readings... I dig anything above 50 on my xlt..... at old houses I dig everything above 0

Cobalt*Blue

Oct 9, 2006
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola, Bounty Hunter 3300 w/4" coil
Nice score on the V. That baby still eludes me. A nickel reads 36 (vdi) on my stick 90% of the time; but also 20's to lower 40's turn up in the mix occasionally. hh blue

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread