1909-S Wheat cent ~ WOOHOOO!!!!!

oddcoins

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2006
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac ~ DetectorPro Pocket Uniprobe
The weather was super nice today ~ the wife & I took a drive up north to see the country side. We first drove into Monmouth Oregon and she sat in the park and read a book while I detected. All I found there was some pocket change and a 1920 Wheat cent. So we drove back south a little to Corvallis. After detecting for a couple hours I ran into my buddies Ron & Richard! I'm not sure how well they did today ~ I know Ron dug a silver Rosie dime though! Here's what I dug today:

1909-S Wheat cent ~ WOOHOO!! Too bad it's not the VDB
three more wheats ~ 20, 26-s, & 49-s
6 clad quarters
15 clad dimes
3 modern nickels
63 Memorial cents
Merry-go-round token
toy car
religious pin

This is the second 1909-S Wheat cent that I've dug! I dug my first one in April of 2007. I took a close-up picture of the date area.

The front of the religious pin reads, EVANGELICAL UNITED BRETHREN S S (does the S S stand for secret society?) ~ and the back reads, LITTLE SYSTEM - CROSS AND CROWN ~ 1/20 10K GOLD FILLED

Thanks for looking!
Neil

Attachments

• April5-2009car.jpg
    April5-2009car.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 920
  • April5-2009token&pin.jpg
    April5-2009token&pin.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 921
  • April5-2009pinFRONT.jpg
    April5-2009pinFRONT.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 919
  • April5-2009pinBACK.jpg
    April5-2009pinBACK.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 915
  • April5-2009wheat.jpg
    April5-2009wheat.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 916
  • April5-2009wheatDATE.jpg
    April5-2009wheatDATE.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 913
Upvote 0
AWESOME HUNT!!!! I have seen the SS church thing before, it stands for Sunday School. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Man I'm moving to Oregon!

Congrats! what an awesome find! digging a key date coin must be a great feeling! keep it up :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Nice finds there! Congrats!

I know how you feel about that 1909 S.... I found one in a penny roll..... Only mine was a 1909 VDB, no "S" :-\

Happy Hunting,
Annmarie

Congs on the key date to bad it was not the VDB....Matt

TreasureFiend said:
AWESOME HUNT!!!! I have seen the SS church thing before, it stands for Sunday School. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Oh yeah ~ ok ~ SUNDAY SCHOOL . . . . . that makes more sense than SECRET SOCIETY ~ LOL

I guess I've dug too many Radio Orphan Annie items that have S. S. on them!

There have been so many 1909-s wheaties dug and posted lately , that the market value of them has plunged

dramatically . Nice grab! Argentium.

Wow, nice coin, except it looked like you damaged the coin?? I've found one 1909-S and what a rush!! Congrats!

Jack(IN) said:
Wow, nice coin, except it looked like you damaged the coin?? I've found one 1909-S and what a rush!! Congrats!

Yeah, I did knick the edge near the date area! DANG IT!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back