1909 V nickel

68kaiser

Feb 6, 2016
Northern California
Detector(s) used
F4, tesoro vaquero, AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this at a park here in Santa Barbara while working in town this week. Trash everywhere but manage to pull this from the sea of tabs and caps.. 1485832490170-720755815.jpg
I am getting the hang of the vaquero.. Ground balance .. set sens as high as it will be stable, thresh nice solid humm, disc just above iron..... And listen for quiet "round" "soft" "make you smile" tones.. Its all about the tones with this machine and headphones. The audio is great on the V. I am playing with the power tuneing but don't see much of a difference. The coin should clean up nicely. I will post a after shot when I get home this weekend.
"Get out there and hunt... The coins won't dig them selves" is my mind set this year.

Upvote 18

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a great find I'm still frozen here in MI and snow on the way eeeerrrrr!!!! Learning the machine is key with mine I notice most silver gold and even clad wont bounce VDI more than one or two like pop tops and tin foil good job!! Like to see it cleaned up Thanks for sharing it

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratulations on the V-nickle! :occasion14:

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice V Nickel, Congrats!

Tommy G

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2015
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice V. I've only managed to find two of these so far, and both in rough shape. I wish you success on the clean up.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this at a park here in Santa Barbara while working in town this week. Trash everywhere but manage to pull this from the sea of tabs and caps.. View attachment 1409038
I am getting the hang of the vaquero.. Ground balance .. set sens as high as it will be stable, thresh nice solid humm, disc just above iron..... And listen for quiet "round" "soft" "make you smile" tones.. Its all about the tones with this machine and headphones. The audio is great on the V. I am playing with the power tuneing but don't see much of a difference. The coin should clean up nicely. I will post a after shot when I get home this weekend.
"Get out there and hunt... The coins won't dig them selves" is my mind set this year.

That's a good one , I have only dug 1 V Nickle in my time , Yours should clean up good - Agreeing with you.

Clear the Tab's / Foil & Find the Nickles & Gold Good Luck.
Davers

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find!! That old silver will come.......just keep to your mantra.
Thanks for the tip on the Vaquero........still getting used to mine...........

7up2000

Jul 6, 2014
Tucson, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Currently use Garrett AT Pro, Previously used the Fisher F2 for one year
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow. Them nickels are hard to find. I've never found a Buffalo---let alone a V. Good job.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread