What's new

1913s type2 buffalo nickle

nova

Hero Member
Joined
Jan 10, 2009
Messages
926
Reaction score
91
Golden Thread
0
Location
Utah
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT //Fisher CZ-3D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this 1913s type 2 buffalo nickle last year in a yard. I never scanned it before I sent it in for certification. I did not no about this forum then. Anyhow I was stoked when it came back AU details. My scanner is not the best, so the picture is a little blurry. I knew it was key coin so I lightly washed it in warm water just to remove the dirt. My local coin dealer offered me $150.00 for it, but it's not for sale. The hobby has been good to me over the years and I hope it has you too.
 

Attachments

  • 1913 s type 2 002.webp
    1913 s type 2 002.webp
    14.4 KB · Views: 1,082
  • 1913 s type 2 001.webp
    1913 s type 2 001.webp
    20 KB · Views: 1,057
Upvote 0
I guess your coin dealer wanted to triple his money. SSSSSSNAKE!
 
Nova said:
I found this 1913s type 2 buffalo nickle last year in a yard. I never scanned it before I sent it in for certification. I did not no about this forum then. Anyhow I was stoked when it came back AU details. My scanner is not the best, so the picture is a little blurry. I knew it was key coin so I lightly washed it in warm water just to remove the dirt. My local coin dealer offered me $150.00 for it, but it's not for sale. The hobby has been good to me over the years and I hope it has you too.
your nickel is worth 750.00 in AU state but since it was dug you would have to drop a grade or 2 for actual value... so it's actually worth 600.00 EF-40 State or 500.00 VF-20 state (2010 redbook) or add 100.00 to each price according to my new Coins value mag..
 
one of the best buffs iv seen
nice find!!
 
That's a Great coin--thank you for sharing it! Occasionally we see a key date V nickel here, but it never seems like we see a rare buffalo or shield. I'm sure some of those valuable late date shield nickels are out there to be had, but I think in both cases the design of the coin works against us being able to see a recognizable date on either type (the Buffalo due to wear and the Shield due to size).

Awesome coin. :thumbsup:
 
Great find there makes me want to get out somewhere real soon.
 
:icon_thumright: very sweet buff
 
That is one heck of a coin, I would hold on to it too :icon_thumleft:
 
so NCS will grade "dug coins"? very nice, I thought most grading companies would not grade dug coins and sent them back w/o being slabbed. Congrats on a superb find!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom