1922-S Peace Dollar

DrDetector

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
Well I had an email from one of my favorite bank employees saying that someone had deposited some strange old dollars and they wanted me to come in and take a look. So I went to the bank and found out someone had deposited two Peace dollars, 1922 and 1923. One of the tellers took the 1923 but they said I was welcome to the 1922! So I grabbed a 1922-S Peace Dollar from the bank. However...the catch is I didn't pay face. I knew the coin was worth over face and didn't want to just offer her face since she did go out of the way to email me, plus they get me halves (or whatever else I request) EVERY time. So I gave her a fair $10 for it and she was VERY excited! Soooo...don't know if that counts towards my findings for the year since I technically paid over face, but I COULD have paid face for it.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
D

DrDetector

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
Here are the pics of the coin, btw.

picture183.jpg

picture184.jpg

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great pickup there DD!! She's a beaut. Looks like you have an ally at that bank too.....that is always a plus. As you know those tellers can make life hard on us CRH'ers....lol. Your obviously doing it right.

WTG & Happy Holidays

OP
OP
D

DrDetector

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
lejeuene said:
Great pickup there DD!! She's a beaut. Looks like you have an ally at that bank too.....that is always a plus. As you know those tellers can make life hard on us CRH'ers....lol. Your obviously doing it right.

WTG & Happy Holidays

Every teller there is a friend of mine, I know them all by name and they are all close to my age. I would consider them my friends and I have even been out to eat with all of them on a few occasions. I order any type of coin or currency and they have never given me any problems whatsoever. Truly a great bank, and I am fortunate in that respect. They even have a coin counter in the lobby and they let me check the coin rejection slots inside the counter, which has got me a good amount of my older foreign silver this year.

Like I said about the Peace dollar...she knew I would like it and saved it special for me. I felt obligated to at least give her a fair silver spot price for it.

About two months ago when I called in my coin order for delivery, I was told one of the tellers had some special money for me. Turns out she had 14 $1 silver certificates (2 were star notes), a 1963 $5 red seal United States note, a 1953C $5 Silver Certificate and a 1934A $20 Federal Reserve Note. Now those, I did pay face for.

Whyme

Silver Member
Aug 22, 2007
Western New York
Detector(s) used
CTX-3030, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man I really do love the looks of a Peace Dollar. Love her hair and the eagle is so proud looking. Great deal you got there!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread