What's new

1923 School finds

tmosc

Full Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2015
Messages
132
Reaction score
248
Golden Thread
0
Location
Northern Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites MX Sport, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got permission to hunt a School that was built in 1923. It closed in 2009 and is now a Church. Found a TON of clad and even more junk and I only detected for 3 hours. I did get some silver, a 1943 Merc' and only ONE wheaty. I was shocked. The Merc' was only an inch down and about 6 inches to a foot from the front door so I'm feeling confident that it hasn't been hit by anyone yet. The Penguin stopped my heart momentarily as I saw gold staring up at me ! Alas it was only a refrigerator magnet. Lol. I seem to be on a foreign Coin roll as I also found an Irish One Cent circa 1971. Just good to be out swinging the machine.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20150922_144854.webp
    IMG_20150922_144854.webp
    259 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_20150922_144914.webp
    IMG_20150922_144914.webp
    243 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_20150922_144448.webp
    IMG_20150922_144448.webp
    308.5 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_20150922_144456.webp
    IMG_20150922_144456.webp
    263.5 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_20150922_144429.webp
    IMG_20150922_144429.webp
    155.1 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_20150922_144356.webp
    IMG_20150922_144356.webp
    237.2 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_20150922_144310.webp
    IMG_20150922_144310.webp
    215.3 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_20150922_144334.webp
    IMG_20150922_144334.webp
    202.4 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_20150922_144250.webp
    IMG_20150922_144250.webp
    322.1 KB · Views: 131
Upvote 25
Congratz! It looks like you had a fun hunt!
 
Nice finds. You got a little bit of everything. Congrats and GL!
 
Keep at it...my guess is you are going to find more silver and a little gold, too.
 
Neat Finds!!!
 
You have not yet begun to find. Congrats!
 
Nice assortment of goodies
 
One silver makes it a good hunt, 2 silvers and all those other finds made it a great hunt. Seems like you have the knack for finding good sites. Congrats on having a great hunt. May your luck continue.
 
nice job...my huntin buddy pulled a bracelet just like that one last week.test chain for silver,his was.looks identical.even the very thick nameplate was silver...56+ grams..just sayin...good luck
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom