What's new

1925 peace dollar need I.D. its variety

Happy Camper

Tenderfoot
Joined
Sep 18, 2008
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
I have this Peace dollar with a raised dot directly underneath the initial. Is this a known variety of the 1925 Peace dollar, or is this a die strike error?

Thanks
 

Attachments

  • dot negative.webp
    dot negative.webp
    12.1 KB · Views: 453
  • 1925 peace.webp
    1925 peace.webp
    25.1 KB · Views: 419
  • dot negative.webp
    dot negative.webp
    12.1 KB · Views: 447
I found nothing about another variety,so I would say just an imperfection when struck by the die.
But that is just my guess.Also a very nice looking PEACE.

fortbball9
 
Upvote 0
Thanks fortbball9 for your help. If it is a die imperfection, I guess its worth some $$ ;D
 
Upvote 0
I have a book for these errors, but I cant find the book right now.
 
Upvote 0
Bigcypresshunter, let me know when you find that book, would you? I'd love to know what I have.
 
Upvote 0
Happy Camper said:
Bigcypresshunter, let me know when you find that book, would you? I'd love to know what I have.
I found my book "Major Variety and Oddity guide of US coins by Frank G. Spadone 7th edition", but it is not listed here, sorry.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom