1937 Aerial Photos of Illinois

mikelb

Jul 23, 2004
I suggest anyone who is into detecting old sites use these maps it is well worth the time and effort of researching your favorite sites.Nothing better then finding where the old house stood or garden lay or checking fairground sites and seeing where the concession stand and bleachers were!Lucky for me i have an ambitious beeping partner to do all the research work for me. :thumbsup:

John Deere Digger

Bronze Member
Aug 26, 2007
So Illinois
Detector(s) used
DFX, Prism5, Minelab SE
These photos are great, been using them and finding lots of older areas. Old home sites, ballfields, schools etc.
JDD

Casull

Jan 17, 2007
Central Virginia
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend
Help anyone. I wanted to finally get back to these photos and now when I try to save or open the files, I keep getting the error message AB3 Not Signed, and then Cannot Verify File. Any suggestions. Sorry, but I'm just not that computer savy.

Brett

Bronze Member
May 8, 2008
Montgomery, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC w/Sunray X-1
Casull said:
Help anyone. I wanted to finally get back to these photos and now when I try to save or open the files, I keep getting the error message AB3 Not Signed, and then Cannot Verify File. Any suggestions. Sorry, but I'm just not that computer savy.
If you are using the standalone MrSID viewer, try uninstalling it, reboot, and reinstall it.

Casull

Jan 17, 2007
Central Virginia
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend
Quote from: Casull on Today at 05:24:53 PM

If you are using the standalone MrSID viewer, try uninstalling it, reboot, and reinstall it.

Brett, I'm using the IvanView 1.2, and it seems to open and I would assume work fine. The problem appears to be with the files on the ariel's website. In any event, I will try your suggestion first. Thanks.

Casull

Jan 17, 2007
Central Virginia
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend
Brett, just went to a site that had the stand alone MrSid (don't really know the difference), and downloaded that. It works now. Thank you. ;D

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Brett said:
Casull said:
Brett, just went to a site that had the stand alone MrSid (don't really know the difference), and downloaded that. It works now. Thank you. ;D

Cool, I would have given you the link if I saw this sooner.. guess you found it though.

I'll post it here for anyone else:

MrSID Viewer:
http://memory.loc.gov/ammem/downloads/sid_win_viewer.exe
Seems like just yesterday he was our little Rootmaster, now he's Huntmaster Brett! Just so good to see so many of you toddlers growing up around here...

Now, is this the Illinois Forum or the Maps Forum?!?

Hee heeheeeee!
Must be bedtime for Timmy's Extreme Metal Detecting brain trust....

Brett

Bronze Member
May 8, 2008
Montgomery, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC w/Sunray X-1
Lowbatts said:
Seems like just yesterday he was our little Rootmaster, now he's Huntmaster Brett! Just so good to see so many of you toddlers growing up around here...

Now, is this the Illinois Forum or the Maps Forum?!?

Awwww... I'm 31 dude! :P

Actually this is the Illinois Maps Forum, ya heard?

Actually actually, it's the anything you can put the word Illinois in front of with it still making sense... i.e. Illinois Mushroom Hunters Anonymous would be ok, but Illinois Deep Sea Hunting Tips is a negatory good buddy.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread