1939 World's Fair Token

ScaredOfClowns

Apr 21, 2012
Bucks County, PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 / Garrett AT Pro / Garrett ProPointer, Garrett ProPointer AT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yesterday I managed to get out for a quick hunt at a favorite spot. Despite a little rain, the ground conditions were perfect, and I was getting new signals in places that I'm positive that I've gone over multiple times in the past.

My best find was a very cool 1939 New York World's Fair token - I really like the 150th Anniversary Washington Inauguration scene on the back. I haven't found one of these before, and I'm always happy to find old tokens.

Thanks for looking - HH!

Worlds Fair Token - Both Sides.jpg Worlds Fair Token - In the Hole.jpg

Upvote 16

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice! I have one that my grandmother bought me years ago after finding out that I collected tokens, it still has all the gold gilt. Awesome find, a piece of world history, the 1939 World's Fair was incredible, so I heard.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet find,, I grew up in NYC and went to the 1964 / 65 World's Fair. That 1939 token is a Bucket Lister for me. Congrats.

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on a great token. Worlds Fair memorabilia is very collectible and always nice to add to the display case.

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was really the last of the great worlds fairs. As you all know good ol Adolph started his mess in Europe during this fair. A lot of countrymen and women from Europe were over here when it started and could not or did not want to go home as their countries were being invaded. After WW2 was over the fairs were a paltry comparison to the prior years. They were and still are not the same.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome token. :occasion14: I love finding them. They have a more defined history than a modern coin. That will be a great addition to any collection or display.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread