All Treasure Hunting
Yes, I got 2 of them in my 3 months of hunting. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Shake-N-Bake

Shake-N-Bake

Dec 5, 2007
Hey Dave,
I didnt even realize the 1950D is the lowest mintage. I have gotten 2 in the last two weeks(when I really started CRH). I was thinking the 1939D was the rarest due to its the only one left to get.

Treasurefiend,
About how many nickel do you think you searched so far? I have searched about $2,500 worth of nickels in the last two weeks or so.

Well guys good luck with your finds. Dave I hope you get that set completed, also when you complete that set are you going to start another. This is my second set and both are missing the 1939D coin. After this I will start another. I am also working on a Kennedy Half set and a Rosie dime set, and kinda a lincoln penny but I know that one will not get complete from hunting, but i did find a 1909S in circulation.

Happy Hunting,
Jason

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't checked any nickel boxes all month, but so far I checked 29 or 30 boxes. Once I started getting half's I havent checked any other types of coins. :icon_pirat:

BBcardsRI

Bronze Member
May 29, 2008
Rhode Island
Thanks for the well wishes Jason.

I hope I get it completed too! I will probably hit the nickels pretty hard this winter, so maybe with a little luck I can at least find a couple of the 3 I still need.

Grats on your TWO 50-D's in such a short time... that is awesome!

After this set is completed I will probably have the majority of another set knocked out, so I probably will buy the three books and work on a second set. I've been keeping ALL my pre 60 stuff, so the hardest book will have most of the doable finds knocked out as soon as this set is done, and then once I buy the new set of books I will start actually looking at the post 60 stuff and then those two books should fill up FAST.

I am also working on a Kennedy album. All I am missing is a 70-D as far as the non-proofs go. I really would love to knock both these sets out soon so I can focus more on other sets.

The penny is a toughie but a fun one to attack... I still need a ton for mine! Good luck with your own.

~Dave

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found three 39-Ds over the years and it's one of five I'm missing this year. Not counting the 08-P which I still have yet to find! Never gone this far into a year without finding both by now.

OP
OP
Shake-N-Bake

Shake-N-Bake

Dec 5, 2007
hey Immy,

I'm in NY i can send you rolls of 2008P's. :icon_jokercolor: lol

keep up the good hunt
Jason

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So that's where they are! ;D Wish some would migrate out west. One of my rules is I have to find one in everyday change or when I search slots. The clock is ticking...

DrDetector

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
The 39D is the only circulation issue Jefferson I haven't pulled from circulation. I as well have oddly found (2) 50D's in the last month or so. It's just a question of time and diligence. You'll find one eventually as I'm sure I will too.

GMan00001

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2006
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I pulled 3 of the 1939-D last year....but nada this year. Its one of the two I haven't found yet this year....the other is the 1943-D.

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, and Whites IDX Pro
hey guys
yea so far ive gotten 1 1939-d and 1-1950-d. I used to hate nickels now i love them. I hated them b./c i never saw silver or buffalos, but now if i get one in every other box im happy
Keith

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions