What's new

1943-S

Coins4Cheese

Hero Member
Joined
Jun 30, 2009
Messages
657
Reaction score
4
Golden Thread
0
Location
Japan
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Garret Ace 250
It seems that 75% of the war nickels that I find are 1943-S. Does it hold true for anyone else?
 
Upvote 0
Out of 451 war nickels I've found, I've gotten 32 43S. The most common date for me is 43P with 152/451.

HH
-GC
 
My most common is the 43P. Dont have stats but have a lot of them.
 
43P for me also.
 
1942D - 1
1942P - 2
1942S - 2
1943D - 2
1943P - 7
1943S - 6
1944D - 0 :-(
1944P - 8
1944S - 2
1945D - 1
1945P - 6
1945S - 6

So I guess 1943P is second in my list, and 1944P beats it by 1 penny found. :-)
 
it seems to me if you are on the west coast the S's and D's are easier to find. on the east coast its the P's and D's.
 
Out of the 20 1943 pennies that I have, 19 are 1943-P and the other is a 1943-D. I've never gotten a 1943-S, but I'm on the East coast.
 
jrf30 said:
1942D - 1
1942P - 2
1942S - 2
1943D - 2
1943P - 7
1943S - 6
1944D - 0 :-(
1944P - 8
1944S - 2
1945D - 1
1945P - 6
1945S - 6

So I guess 1943P is second in my list, and 1944P beats it by 1 penny found. :-)
qwerty said:
Out of the 20 1943 pennies that I have, 19 are 1943-P and the other is a 1943-D. I've never gotten a 1943-S, but I'm on the East coast.

Uhhhhhhhh, guys. The poster is talking about nickles, not pennies.
 
Whoops. But still for war nickels; I've found 9. 7 are 1943-P, 1 1945-P, and 1 1942-S, but again, I'm on the east coast.
 
I combined my finds from 2007-today

484 war nickels total
The number in () is the number I found. The number in [] is the number that would be expected per the mintage percentages.

1942-P (29) [32.2]
1942-S (19) [18.3]
1943-P (143) [150.9]
1943-D (5) [8.5]
1943-S (75) [57.9]
1944-P (51) [66.3]
1944-D (22) [18.0]
1944-S (14) [12.0]
1945-P (47) [66.4]
1945-D (30) [20.7]
1945-S (49) [32.8]
 
Coins4Cheese,
I am finding more 1943-P.

But, what drives me crazy ::)is seeing all those 1964 nickels--you can spot them a mile away.
apush
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom