What's new

1971 S proof set Quarter

Yeyo

Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2018
Messages
20
Reaction score
12
Golden Thread
0
Location
Dallas, Tx
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’ve been trying to find information on this quarter here. See I believe mines a double die reverse. I purchased it with the set. But here are some pics. Any info would be appreciated, is it rare? Should I send it in to get graded? If so, as a set? Or individual?
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    420.6 KB · Views: 79
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    486.2 KB · Views: 69
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    576.6 KB · Views: 67
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    887.6 KB · Views: 78
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    1.1 MB · Views: 71
Not a doubled die. When the doubling is lower, flat and along the edge of the lettering or device it is machine doubling. This is caused by a slight shift of the dies during striking. Not rare and no extra value.
 
Not a doubled die. When the doubling is lower, flat and along the edge of the lettering or device it is machine doubling. This is caused by a slight shift of the dies during striking. Not rare and no extra value.
We have a winner!

As is typical, I.cutler describes it well.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom