What's new

1974 Half silver or fake?

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Joined
Oct 12, 2015
Messages
2,221
Reaction score
5,392
Golden Thread
0
Location
NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, XP Deus2, NOX 900, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
84942F98-84AE-4EBD-AEB2-466BEC8904C3.webp
E0B92705-7DE8-4B1E-B29F-DA44D8DC0649.webp
I found this half today while coin roll hunting.
I posted this coin in roll hunting but maybe a coin expert on this forum might see this and chime in.
It has a very shiny mirror look to it. So much so that it looks like chrome making me believe it might well be a plated coin.
That said, the weight is 11.59 to 11.60 grams
And the specific gravity is 9.27
Their is no mint mark.
Could this be a fake half?
Thanks
 
Why would it be fake? Looks plated, and heavily damaged.

Time for more coffee.
 
I was thinking it was plated. But it could have been from a proof set if they made silver proof sets for 1974. Does it have an "S" mint mark?
 
Not silver, just damaged clad. Spend it.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom