What's new

More wet silver from the lakes and 7 rings

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2018
Messages
2,057
Reaction score
12,107
Golden Thread
0
Location
Mountain Maryland
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DAY 1
I went back to finish the second half of the swimming area I did last week. I don’t do them on the weekends because the crowd level is so unpredictable. During the week I get a decent hunt in before people start showing up. Not many targets overall, but most of them were worth scooping.

I spent 3.5 hours swingin the ATPro and found 21 coins with a face value of $2.47, jewelry, part of a game tab, a sinker and a piece, 5 tabs, a pair of trifocals, a toy car and the ever present foil.

DSCN8987.webp

DSCN8988.webp


The fine brass chain was a nice surprise. They are hard to get a signal from. Too bad it isn’t silver or gold. The ornate hoop earring is like ones I used to find all the time years ago. I believe it is unmarked silver. The 2 CZ studs and the earring back are marked silver (925). So 3 more silvers, but no gold this time.

DSCN8989.webp


DAY 2
I did the last swimming area of the big park. This one is the camp swimming area. It was not crowded so I stayed a little longer and finished most of the water. I spent 4 hours swingin the ATPro and found 49 coins with a face value of $5.41, some jewelry, a token, shoe grommets, zipper pieces, sinkers, 3 half tabs ( finding tabs is bad enough why do they need to break them into more pieces for me to scoop up), a large hitch pin and some more foil. I attribute the high coin number to the confession stand near the beach.

DSCN8990.webp


The jewelry was disappointing on this trip. Not a lot and nothing great. The most interesting find was the new liberty dime. From the patina I would say it has been in the water for several weeks at least.

DSCN8991.webp


The token is a DREAM MACHINE token. It was a video game venue at the mall that closed years ago. I have found a number of them over the years.

DSCN8992.webp


DAY 3
I got special permission to do a state park before Labor Day. But it is restricted to one hour a day and I can only do the water. I did this the last 2 years and managed to get some golden goodies so I renewed my permission for this year. There are 2 small swimming areas. The first one is partly sandy bottom and mostly gravel and rocks which makes recoveries tricky sometimes. The second one is mostly sandy bottom which is the way I like it.

I spent my hour swingin the ATPro and didn’t find much. Fewer targets than normal, but a long way from skunked. I found 12 coins with a face value of $1.00, an earring back, an earring, a stainless washer, a shoe grommet, 1 piece of foil, a tab and a brass door knob plate.

DSCN8993.webp


Luckily the earring back is silver marked 925. It is bent up, but silver is silver even if it is small.

DSCN8994.webp


DAY 4
So back to the state park to spent another hour doing a loose grid on the second swimming area with the mostly sandy bottom. The finds were few, but interesting.

I spent my hour swingin the ATPro and only found 4 coins, 4 rings, 2 earrings, a .22 cartridge, a piece of foil and a zipper pull.

DSCN8995.webp

DSCN8996.webp


No gold or silver this time. The rings are a tungsten carbide, a TRITON tungsten carbide, a hand made wire ring that may be silver and a cheapie kiddie ring.

DSCN8997.webp
DSCN8998.webp


NON DETECTOR FINDS

A beaver swam through the area I was detecting in the water and in another area there were several new frogs with their tadpole tail still on. No pictures because I don’t take my phone in the water with me. But I did get a picture of a little red eft (a little over an inch long) walking on the street during my morning walk.

IMG_1551.webp


I got 2 dimes out of a coinstar so a little luck there.

Not as many goodies as I would like, but some silver, gas money and always fun to swing and scoop in the outdoors. Thank you for looking, stay safe, good luck and may your coil lead you to good things.
 
Upvote 11
DAY 1
I went back to finish the second half of the swimming area I did last week. I don’t do them on the weekends because the crowd level is so unpredictable. During the week I get a decent hunt in before people start showing up. Not many targets overall, but most of them were worth scooping.

I spent 3.5 hours swingin the ATPro and found 21 coins with a face value of $2.47, jewelry, part of a game tab, a sinker and a piece, 5 tabs, a pair of trifocals, a toy car and the ever present foil.

View attachment 2264286
View attachment 2264287

The fine brass chain was a nice surprise. They are hard to get a signal from. Too bad it isn’t silver or gold. The ornate hoop earring is like ones I used to find all the time years ago. I believe it is unmarked silver. The 2 CZ studs and the earring back are marked silver (925). So 3 more silvers, but no gold this time.

View attachment 2264285

DAY 2
I did the last swimming area of the big park. This one is the camp swimming area. It was not crowded so I stayed a little longer and finished most of the water. I spent 4 hours swingin the ATPro and found 49 coins with a face value of $5.41, some jewelry, a token, shoe grommets, zipper pieces, sinkers, 3 half tabs ( finding tabs is bad enough why do they need to break them into more pieces for me to scoop up), a large hitch pin and some more foil. I attribute the high coin number to the confession stand near the beach.

View attachment 2264288

The jewelry was disappointing on this trip. Not a lot and nothing great. The most interesting find was the new liberty dime. From the patina I would say it has been in the water for several weeks at least.

View attachment 2264289

The token is a DREAM MACHINE token. It was a video game venue at the mall that closed years ago. I have found a number of them over the years.

View attachment 2264290

DAY 3
I got special permission to do a state park before Labor Day. But it is restricted to one hour a day and I can only do the water. I did this the last 2 years and managed to get some golden goodies so I renewed my permission for this year. There are 2 small swimming areas. The first one is partly sandy bottom and mostly gravel and rocks which makes recoveries tricky sometimes. The second one is mostly sandy bottom which is the way I like it.

I spent my hour swingin the ATPro and didn’t find much. Fewer targets than normal, but a long way from skunked. I found 12 coins with a face value of $1.00, an earring back, an earring, a stainless washer, a shoe grommet, 1 piece of foil, a tab and a brass door knob plate.

View attachment 2264291

Luckily the earring back is silver marked 925. It is bent up, but silver is silver even if it is small.

View attachment 2264292

DAY 4
So back to the state park to spent another hour doing a loose grid on the second swimming area with the mostly sandy bottom. The finds were few, but interesting.

I spent my hour swingin the ATPro and only found 4 coins, 4 rings, 2 earrings, a .22 cartridge, a piece of foil and a zipper pull.

View attachment 2264293
View attachment 2264294

No gold or silver this time. The rings are a tungsten carbide, a TRITON tungsten carbide, a hand made wire ring that may be silver and a cheapie kiddie ring.

View attachment 2264295View attachment 2264296

NON DETECTOR FINDS

A beaver swam through the area I was detecting in the water and in another area there were several new frogs with their tadpole tail still on. No pictures because I don’t take my phone in the water with me. But I did get a picture of a little red eft (a little over an inch long) walking on the street during my morning walk.

View attachment 2264297

I got 2 dimes out of a coinstar so a little luck there.

Not as many goodies as I would like, but some silver, gas money and always fun to swing and scoop in the outdoors. Thank you for looking, stay safe, good luck and may your coil lead you to good things.
Great detailed post
Congratulations on your success
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom