What's new

1989 mistrike and wheatie in register today!

gimifermagooskie

Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2009
Messages
34
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
North Carolina - Hornet's Nest
Detector(s) used
M6
I found this 1989 mistrike penny and the wheatie in the register today!
 

Attachments

  • 1989 Mistrike Penny.webp
    1989 Mistrike Penny.webp
    13.1 KB · Views: 725
  • 1989 Mistrike Penny.webp
    1989 Mistrike Penny.webp
    13.1 KB · Views: 711
Upvote 0
Very nice, every penny counts. :thumbsup:
 
I'm sorry, I don't see anything.
 
Yeah, I'm just outside of Kannapolis.
 
I work at a restaurant, and I love finding cool coins in the till!
Over the past year I've found a '64 quarter, a '64 dime, and plenty of the 2009 quarters and pennies.
The bank where we get our change from usually gets all the new designs in, at least for our change order.
I've also found a $5 with serial # 07000008, which was cool as well.
HH all and Happy New Year :)
Nick
 
My son and I found a 1989 off-center in our first box. I'm wondering if there is a "lot" of these floating around. Needless to say, we held onto it...just in case.
 
That's strange, in the last box I did I came up with two 1989 that have doubling on the dates. One has all four numbers doubled & the other only two numbers. I am quite sure they are just a vibration doubling. I do not know the exact term they use for that.
 
Since coins go through a careful inspection. Coins that are off center by a large amount are less common can these. These small amounts can be found more so and not worth much of anything at all. Still cool to find and worth hanging on to. :hello2:

Cool finds, :icon_thumleft: :headbang:

Keep @ It and HH !! ;D :D
 
bula said:
That's strange, in the last box I did I came up with two 1989 that have doubling on the dates. One has all four numbers doubled & the other only two numbers. I am quite sure they are just a vibration doubling. I do not know the exact term they use for that.
Machine doubling.
 
gimifermagooskie said:
I'm still looking for one of those new presidential dollars without the edge inscription.

I seem to get those quite often in the bags of halves I sort. Typically 1-2 presidential dollars in there. Of course its a bonus in that I run them through the coin machine.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom