What's new

1999 weak lettering - worth anything?

stu123

Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2009
Messages
44
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
half.webp
This 1999 half is barely legable in the date etc. is this a minting error? is it worth saving?
Thanks
 
Upvote 0
Tough to tell from the pic, but the hair looks to be in reasonably good shape (little wear), so it may be a greased die... If it were a weak strike, I would expect similar weakness in the other areas, unless the coin is noticeably thinner near the error...
 
Greased die, I have found several like that. Not much premium as there is not much of a demand for them.
 
I'd keep it, it only cost you 50 cents. I have a collection of about 30 greased dies that I figured I might be able to sell at a later date as a lot. I like finding them since they don't come up too often.
 
I have a few like these and I keep em.

Golden Silver
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom