Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well we got some warmer weather, ground thawed, rain stopped so I hit a small old park in town. This place is rather trashy, lots of iron.

First coin I found was 1926 wheat, then I got the first indian of the year, and a semi key date to make it even sweeter, 1867.........made my day. :laughing7:

got 2 more wheats, 1944, and 1928, then just before leaving I got the SMOOTH 1889 indian it was an odd signal, 01-32, and DEEP......I about passed it up. Glad I didn't. :thumbsup: Also found the boyscout item, it came in like a pull tab. All items were found in areas I have hunted before in conductive mode, today I ran TTF all day. My hunting partner was also running in TTF and he got an 1865 indian.

01-01-11.jpg

1867IHC1-1-11.jpg

Upvote 0

terpfan

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Maryland/ NC
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

minton7

Mar 28, 2007
south central ohio
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
great going my Ohio brother! To all those who think he scratched this or hurried the clean.. this guys finds well more IH's than most on here and he def. knows how to and not to clean them... the scratches are pre-dig... and I have the utmost faith that the coins were all recovered with the greatest care and thought! This guy is a great hunter... and even better with roll hunting... way to go!

OP
OP
Goes4ever

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
terpfan said:
Great indians! I am always puzzled when I find two indians at the same site, one with a patina and one without. You would have thought that the soil would be the same and they would have the same coloration. Go figure.
the soil is very different in different areas of this park..........BUT the one without patina is because I had to peroxide it because it was crusty, the 1867 was real nice and only required a water and lil soap cleanup preserving the patina

OP
OP
Goes4ever

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
minton7 said:
great going my Ohio brother! To all those who think he scratched this or hurried the clean.. this guys finds well more IH's than most on here and he def. knows how to and not to clean them... the scratches are pre-dig... and I have the utmost faith that the coins were all recovered with the greatest care and thought! This guy is a great hunter... and even better with roll hunting... way to go!
thanks Minton........the funny thing is if you scratch a copper coin it would leave a shiny copper mark, the scratches on my coin are still nice and green with patina, so that tells me they were made before it was lost, pretty simple to me

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sweet IH :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: MR TUFF

OP
OP
Goes4ever

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WheatbackDigger said:
Looks like fresh scratches to me, maybe just the picture. Nice finds either way
you guys crack me up.........geesh, give it up already!

HCW

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2007
Metro west ,Boston
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Whites MXT "retired"
Goes4ever said:
WheatbackDigger said:
Looks like fresh scratches to me, maybe just the picture. Nice finds either way
you guys crack me up.........geesh, give it up already!
Guess I'm not alone, and my first comment wasn't meant to be derogatory, I was trying to suggest ways to clean as many of us on here do.

dfx willy

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2008
hey goes4ever! nice semi key dont listen to those other guys its just jealousy. i know you know what your doing you dig more indians than anyone else. myself included and i dug a 1877 but by the amount you dig i think you are king. so let them scratch on that one :laughing9: willy

OP
OP
Goes4ever

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dfx willy said:
hey goes4ever! nice semi key dont listen to those other guys its just jealousy. i know you know what your doing you dig more indians than anyone else. myself included and i dug a 1877 but by the amount you dig i think you are king. so let them scratch on that one :laughing9: willy
that made my day! thanks Willy!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread