monsterrack
Silver Member
- Joined
- Apr 15, 2013
- Messages
- 4,429
- Reaction score
- 5,831
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Southwest Mississippi
- Detector(s) used
- Garrett, and Whites
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
- #1
Thread Owner
I have been a member of T-net for some time now and mostly hunted NA artifacts, but about 6 mths ago I found a site were a drain has cut through a layer of soil an exposed a lot of ice age bones. Here is what I have found. 1st. is a claw core of a Paramylodon ground sloth.
2nd is a tooth of the same type of ground sloth still in bone.
3rd is a prehistoric horse jaw bone with all the teeth
4th is a Bison jaw partial with teeth
5th is my best find it is a humerus bone of a Megalonxy ground sloth. It is the best bone of it's type ever found/reported in the states of Ms. and Al. I donated it to the Ms. museum of natural science in Jackson Ms. and along with the Black Belt museum of Al. are going to make me 2 cast of it. That way they can share in the study of this find.
2nd is a tooth of the same type of ground sloth still in bone.
3rd is a prehistoric horse jaw bone with all the teeth
4th is a Bison jaw partial with teeth
5th is my best find it is a humerus bone of a Megalonxy ground sloth. It is the best bone of it's type ever found/reported in the states of Ms. and Al. I donated it to the Ms. museum of natural science in Jackson Ms. and along with the Black Belt museum of Al. are going to make me 2 cast of it. That way they can share in the study of this find.







