What's new

2 74 double dies!!!!

zmemarine

Full Member
Joined
Feb 6, 2008
Messages
151
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
2 '74 double dies!!!!

1000 in halves produced the following:

1 walker 1945
3 90% jfk
6 40%
2 1974 double dies, my 3rd and 4th
1 1972d no fg, my second one from this year
My first magician coin with mexican coin inside
1 half with Jims Coins engraved on the back

Semper Fi
 
Upvote 0
Re: 2 '74 double dies!!!!

Nice finds... hay you ended ur post with SEMPER FI that my thing............lol ill share =)

SEMPER FI :sunny:
 
Re: 2 '74 double dies!!!!

zmemarine, Congratulations on a very diverse box. Ya gotta love the silver, but I'm kinda partial to finding those doubled dies myself! HH, Gpurs...
 
Re: 2 '74 double dies!!!!

zmemarine said:
..........
1 half with Jims Coins engraved on the back

Semper Fi

I'm getting sick of those coins. Using a marker is one thing, but I've already found a few dozen with the Jim's Coins engraved on the coin. It's engraved with cursive handwriting and I'm assuming there are quite a few out there because the handwriting is actually pretty good (engraving free hand is very difficult to do).
 
Re: 2 '74 double dies!!!!

I'm just guessing here, but you could probably look up "Jim's Coins" on Yahoo and give the guy a call. Engaving his business name on a coin is an odd way of picking up business from coin collectors. Bout the only thing worse than engraving on a coin would be to melt it :o! HH, Gpurs....
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom