2 Barber 10?

Klaatu

Apr 24, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
This afternoon I drove by an old house with the front yard torn up for resodding. I stopped and asked if it would be OK if I checked the yard with my metal detector. They said, "Sure, go ahead". It turned out the house was built in 1895 so I was hoping for some good finds.

In less than a minute I pulled a 1900 Barber dime out of the ground and a few minutes later I found a 1904 Barber dime. Both dimes were about 3" down and within a foot of the sidewalk leading to the front porch.

Unfortunately, the obverse of the '04 dime is scratched. (It wasn't me; I dug it out in a plug.) The rest of the yard yielded a wheat cent and a few modern coins. All in all it was well worth the stop.

Sorry for the images. My camera does not take close-ups so I scanned the coins.

Attachments

• 00_04_Barber_Dimes.jpg
    00_04_Barber_Dimes.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 299
  • 00_04_Barber_Dimes_Rev.jpg
    00_04_Barber_Dimes_Rev.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 286
Upvote 0

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Very sweet! Too bad about the scratches though. Got my 1st barber dime pf the year couple weeks ago, 1908-laying pretty much right on the surface. Farmer burned off pasture and got singed. Congrats.

Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds, you have found in one day the same number of barbers I have found my whole MD career!

melnatcat

Mar 9, 2005
Central Minnesota
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice, very nice! I've got my eye on a few abandoned--old farm sites. Cant' wait...it's 32 degrees right now! Congrats on the find!

Melnatcat

Rooster

Apr 1, 2005
Long Island N.Y.
VERY NICE DIMES!!!!! WAY TO GO. YOU GOOTA LOVE WHEN THERE WORKING ON OR TEARIN DOWN OLD HOME SITES. LOTS OF GOODIES DOWN THERE. NICE JOB. KEEP ON DIGGIN, THE ROOSTER

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Still some nice digs. It was worth the stop. I noticed barber's always come in a pair. Weather you get them on the first trip or the second. There's usually always a friend.

Good Going HH Jer

AmericanCoinHunting

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2005
CHICAGO
Detector(s) used
E-Trac w/Pro Coil,and 6x8" S.E.F,The Relic & Gold hunters DREAM...a Troy X-3 w/3 coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweeeeeeeeet

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread