What's new

2 boxes 2 40s

BeerBelly

Full Member
Joined
May 6, 2008
Messages
109
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Nevada
2 boxes 2 40's

I ordered 3 boxes of halves from 3 different banks last week, 2 came in on thursday, and the other bank forgot to order. So, 1 69d from the first bank, as well as 4 clad NIFC, and 1 69d from the second bank, along with 1 NIFC.
But I'm not complaining! At least I don't smell that skunk this time. ;D
 
Upvote 0
Re: 2 boxes 2 40's

Heres hoping for more silver next time around
 
Re: 2 boxes 2 40's

Well atleast you got some silva!!! :icon_pirat:
 
Re: 2 boxes 2 40's

I'm about even with you today, just did seven boxes and pulled six little 40% and a couple of proofs. Guess that beats skunk city! I'm starting to get too many rolls of these NIFC though. I know a lot of you just toss them back now but I still haven't hit that spot yet. :tard:

Maine_Jim
 
Re: 2 boxes 2 40's

maine_Jim said:
I'm about even with you today, just did seven boxes and pulled six little 40% and a couple of proofs. Guess that beats skunk city! I'm starting to get too many rolls of these NIFC though. I know a lot of you just toss them back now but I still haven't hit that spot yet. :tard:

Maine_Jim

They seem too abundant to be worth anything... Now I am probably wrong, but in every box I come across a good 8 or 10. I have already seen a good 100 form 2008. ???

I just toss them back...
 
Re: 2 boxes 2 40's

yeah...old fiddycent has seen one too many also. i toss 'em back no matter what condition because i'm sure that somewhere out there is someone who needs THAT coin to fill their collection. and see...i was right. it was you! LOL!!! but seriously, i was excited at first but now i have all i need. and soon you will too.

i'm thinking real hard about the ones i have. i don't really see a huge market for circulated NIFC's. i posted a topic about this not long ago asking the value and what people do with them. the response i got was that most folks just chuck 'em.
 
Re: 2 boxes 2 40's

I'm getting close to tossing them all. I still haven't seen a 2008. Maybe after that I will start tossing them back. I an not interested in ebaying full sets. I know a couple of you are selling the sets and doing pretty well. I was thinking of just doing sets of the NIFC after I have made a few complete sets.

Maine_Jim
 
Re: 2 boxes 2 40's

I just found out recently about the NIFC, so not sure how many I've passed up allready. I mainly search for silver, I don't have the eyesight to see the mint marks without a magnifying glass and don't want to take the time to use one on each coin. I only check the mint mark on the shiny coins. So I'm only pulling silver and NIFC. Maybe after I collect enough I'll take them to a coin dealer and see if he'll trade for silver.
 
Re: 2 boxes 2 40's

I don't have the eyesight to see the mint marks without a magnifying glass and don't want to take the time to use one on each coin
you don't need to see the mint marks on NIFC halfs....2002 and up are all NIFC
 
Re: 2 boxes 2 40's

Lol, sorry about the mix-up, I was refering to proofs, etc when I mentioned the mint mark. ;D
 
Re: 2 boxes 2 40's

I was wondering what NIFC is?
 
Re: 2 boxes 2 40's

terryin pa said:
I was wondering what NIFC is?


Not intended for circulation. Means you had to buy them directly from the US mint, at a premium to face value.

Jim
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom