What's new

2 boxes in upstate ny

cdickrun64

Hero Member
Joined
Nov 12, 2009
Messages
945
Reaction score
724
Golden Thread
0
Location
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
My eyes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I got 2 more boxes today.... Both skunks!! My total so far for 6 boxes is 2 40%...not a very encouraging start!! I find more silver in the nickels I search!!
 
Upvote 0
If you find 4 more skunk boxes in a row, we'll be even! Hope it turns around for you.
 
That is the name of the game guys. It is often feast or famine. Golden Silver

Golden Silver
 
Hang in there. You'll get some sooner or later
rileyboy
 
Broome County has been skunked lately. I introduced a friend of mine to TNET and coin roll hunting and he has made out decent the last 2 weeks scoring 25ish 40% out of $200 or so worth of rolls. I attribute that to beginners luck. Are you sticking mainly to banks within town or going out to the country banks? Let me know what banks you are hitting up and we will steer clear of them :P And of course, happy hunting :)
 
I order boxes from a bank in JC, dump them in Vestal. I also search $40-$80 in nickels each week. I work at a bank , which makes it convenient to order boxes. Do you just do halves?
 
Generally just half's......although sometime get adventurous when the half's are less fruitful. Really liked the warm weather today. One more day of that and we will be hitting out new detecting spots for the year. And we seldom head out to JC or Vestal, our targets are Binghamton and eastward :)
 
I feel your pain!!! I'm up to 8 boxes with 3-40%
 
Main thing is don't get discouraged, it's all a part of the hobby.

My best box, had 4 - 40s & 1-90.

It's fun, like panning for gold, a few flakes now and then keep you interested.

Have fun with your hobby.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom