ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not the start I dreamed about, but no complaints.

Dimes: skunk (as expected)
Half box 1: 1 40%, 1 90% ('60D Ben)
Half box 2: skunk

I keep looking for a reason to search something other than halves as I have access to a perfect dump bank. They have a self-service coin counter that doesn't accept halves, and I have to drive right past it to get to my regular dump bank. Unfortunately, I can't find that reason. The last time I figured my silver dime average it was 1 silver per ~$875, and its only gotten worse since then as I haven't found a single silver dime since. I tried cents and averaged about 11% copper and 3 wheats per box. I tried nickels and averaged about 2 wars per 3 boxes, but that was mostly from early success. My first 4 or 5 nickel boxes produced 2+ per box, but my last 15 or so produced nothing. Never pulled a V or buff from a box. Nickels do not excite me too much anyway. I haven't really tried quarters, but have found 1 in about $1500 searched. Maybe I should just throw in a box of quarters a week and hope for the best. Its seems like such a waste to let a perfectly good coin counter sit idle. ;D

Upvote 0

ImpurestStewart

Jun 8, 2011
Laurel, Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Dimes have really sucked here lately too. Halves haven't been much better, I'd try quarters though if I were you. Couldn't hurt. Who know's,Maybe you'll get lucky. Nice find on the frankie!!

apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep trying the dimes. My average is 2 per box, but they do add up.
apush :read2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread