What's new

2 boxes today

tw656

Hero Member
Joined
Jan 13, 2007
Messages
735
Reaction score
7
Golden Thread
0
Skunk both times. :-[

I have gone into a bank a couple times and asked for halves and they said they ordered a box for so and so, and was that me. Question if it happens to you, do you take someone elses box if given the chance or pass it by?
 
Upvote 0
I have had this happen a few times and I always pass them up IF I know that it was specifically ordered by somebody.I hate the thought of what somebody would try to do to me if they found out that I took a box that they had been waiting for.

Sometimes tellers see the box in the back but weren't there the day it was ordered and they just figure if I am in there asking for halves that I might want the box as well.If I take it,I am taking advantage of the tellers not being informed of the situation and it WOULD be found out and I would at least be blacklisted from the bank,if not worse :o.

On the other hand,I have had this happen to me a few times as well,and the thought's I was having about the guy who TOOK my box were not pretty :-X.

There are so many hunters near me that the tellers should know better than to give out a box that she knows the guy didn't personally order himself.

As you can see by some of the post's tonight by kickstart etc. that it is hard enough to get a box ordered when you order it,let alone if they give it to someone else before you have a chance to pick it up >:(.

Now if you KNOW the box wasn't ordered by somebody specifically or it was a box returned by somebody (sealed or unsealed) than you can get it without worry of consequence.

I sometimes buy boxes that have been returned by "supposed" hunters because sometimes these "searched" boxes have more 40%er's than I could find in a regular sealed box ;D.They are apparently just edge searching and don't have the ears to hear that obvious ring of silver.

I know of one hunter in particular who goes through about 2 boxes/month and returns them to the same bank each time and I buy them when they come in and always find some 40%er's in his "searched" rolls ;D.

So basically you would have to have some pretty big balls to buy another hunters ordered box,but if it is there for another reason than no worries ;).
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom