paleomaxx

Aug 14, 2016
Upstate, NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus XP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went back to the field today, and while this finds are getting farther apart, there were still some good hits.

DSC07667.JPG DSC07668.JPG DSC07669.JPG DSC07670.JPG DSC07671.JPG

I found a second 2 cent piece today and this one is dated 1869. I also found a brass flat button, but what’s cool is that some of the gold gilding is still on the reverse. Not enough to make out the writing, but complete letters here and there. There are also the sad remains of a pocket knife. Most interesting were two round buttons that I haven’t seen before. Does anyone know how old these would be?

I also went back to the tavern site for a little bit and found four more buttons. Two are a style I haven't encountered before and I'm definitely hoping people will weigh in on them.

DSC07674.JPG DSC07675.JPG DSC07672.JPG DSC07673.JPG

Both say “Massachusetts” on the front and the larger one says “Warranted Plated” on the back. The smaller one says “Extra Strong Plated T.P.” Incredibly the silver plating survived on both buttons and has only worn off in a few places. The other two have writing, but it’s not possible to make it out anymore. The last piece is a silver plated copper spoon handle which naturally it doesn’t go with any of the spoon ends that I have already found. Has anyone seen this type of Massachusetts buttons before and know where they are from or how old they might be?

Upvote 9

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are some great finds. The Mass. buttons are very cool. Two centers on consecutive hunts is a great achievement. Gotta love that!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are some amazing finds I can only wish!!!Thanks for sharing the pics and post Great job!!!!!!!1

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now those look like some great buttons, congrats. Hope you can get the ID's you're looking for.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow,, another 2 center, man you are on a roll.
Good luck with the I.D. on the buttons.
Congratulations on a sweet hunt.

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 1869 two cent piece only had a mintage of 1,500,000! Great find!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread