What's new

2 cent piece???

Carver

Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2007
Messages
59
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
Iowa
Detector(s) used
M6
Does anyone have a good method for cleaning the 2 center???????
 
I'd like to see a photo...but I use the peroxide method copper coins.


Regards,


Buckleboy
 
I used a electrolysis system on one last night and I think it came out nice. I can see a lot of detail I could not make out after a peroxide bath. Keep in mind I like the coins to look clean and sharp. I'm not a coin collector so I'm not sure if the electrolysis has any negative impact on value.

NJ
 
Carver said:
Does anyone have a good method for cleaning the 2 center???????

If you want to keep the patina (which is a GOOD choice) try the olive oil method, it takes much longer but is pretty safe.
See todays finds 1875 Shield Nickle.

Best is do nothing, REALLY. Or get it done professionally. But we all want to show them off don't we?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom