What's new

2 firsts and many proofs!

phrostie

Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2008
Messages
534
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
Nap Town
Went around today looking for rolled dimes in poorer areas. Ended up taking home 87 rolls (435). I nearly forgot why I was going to banks...it's for silver not dimes. The first few banks I remembered this, but I got to a bank and asked for dimes. When the lady was pulling some out (maybe $25 bucks worth) I was like...do you have any halves? The teller next to her said I have $1 worth, and she whips them out. Congrats dan, you just got your first loose Walking Liberty...a 1936, very worn but last half of date is readable. Next bank I stop at I was able to pick up $70 in rolled halves plus the halves in her tray. Ended up scoring sweetly on them too, especially with proofs. My last 'first' was scoring a 1956 Roosevelt proof...o so shiny...below are the totals. I'm lazy and doubt I'll get to pics, and I haven't been posting recently because I don't want to give newbies hope! The less the merrier!

$100 quarters - skunk

$435 in dimes

48-S, 53-D, 56 PROOF, 64, 64-D

$195 in halves

36, 64, 67, 68-D (4), 69-S, 72-S, 76-S (CLAD), 86-S, 94-S.

YAY HAPPY DAY! Go State!!!!
 
Upvote 0
Awesome!!!!! :thumbsup:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom