What's new

2 good finds Old Dime and die cast old rifle

shane41

Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 7, 2006
Messages
369
Reaction score
119
Golden Thread
0
Location
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 . Bounty Hunter, Vibra Probe 570 Garrett Pin Pointer AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had a great day Found my oldest dime 1905 Barber and at the same old park I dug up this 6 inch die cast rifle ( which I need some help on ) as to what years they were made and if there are any web sites were I could find out if it's worth anything??? Hope the pics are clear enough. Appreciate the help on the Rifle Shane41
 

Attachments

  • Metal Rifle.webp
    Metal Rifle.webp
    36.1 KB · Views: 170
  • Picture 62.webp
    Picture 62.webp
    39.5 KB · Views: 154
  • Picture 63.webp
    Picture 63.webp
    42 KB · Views: 157
  • Picture 64.webp
    Picture 64.webp
    32 KB · Views: 163
  • 1905 Barber Dime.webp
    1905 Barber Dime.webp
    71.8 KB · Views: 148
Upvote 20
Can't help you but that's prett cool:headbang: love the silver:occasion14:
 
SHANE , I DO NOT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THE RIFLE I SUSPECT IT TO BE OLD, AND THIS IS THE FIRST SIGHT OF ONE FOR ME,HOPE YOU GET AN ANSWER LIKE TO KNOW MYSELF,VANZUTPHEN
 
Love both the coin and the old rifle.

Can't tell you what the gun's worth but the important thing is not what it's worth to someone else but what it's worth to you.

Great hunt.
 
Awesome finds! Congrats!

Somebody on here will know.
 
Sweet digs. Love the silver.
 
That's a pretty cool piece
 
That is Neat. Is the rifle a lighter? I have never seen a rifle but have seen some small lighters of handguns.
 
Wow what happen to that barber, very cool rifle congrats...
 
Though not likely worth much, the "rifle" looks like a toy depiction of a model 1860 Spencer carbine which I find very interesting. Makes me wonder if it was part of a series of toys based on different early rifles or carbines, since Spencers were phased out by the 1880s due to the fact that they used rimfire cartridges. The Spencer was the first repeating rifle to use metallic cartridges and held seven rounds in a tubular magazine in the butt. Confederates called it the "damn yankee gun you could load on Sunday and shoot all week" in reference to the seven shot magazine. I do not think this toy is a pre-1900 piece though.
 
Yes the barber is a little beat up lol I dug it up along a old concrete curb along the street . The curb is round not flat so I guess it's been there for sometime...Anyway I was happy I could still see the date marked on it :)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom