2 shcools and a park

Hoggtyed

Sep 20, 2005
Central North Carolina
Well yesterday was so I decided to go out and try some new places. I hit 2 school yards. One elementary and one middle school. To my surprise the elementry school was absolutely clean. No trash , no tabs, no foil, no clad, I begin to wonder if my detector was working.. The middle school was a little better but it was all trash tabs, nails, scrap, wadded up foil. After an hour I gave up.. I still had high hopes and wasn't whipped yet so I stopped by a park I had been meaning to check out. I finally found a penny. (I was beginning to worry) I then found a cheap school yard type bracelet( Black cord with pewter letters that read <L I F E >) All in all a pretty sad hall for 5 to 6 hours of detecting... :-\ Still better than sitting at home collecting dust.... ;D .....

Upvote 0
N

Nightf10182003

Better than sitting at home staring at the TV..little excercise and fresh air. I can't even hit most of the schools in my area..they all have police officers that live on the premises an they won't let you dig. GL..try again

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
Night: You got that right. The schools in Florida do NOT allow you to hunt. Once in a while you MIGHT find one that will permit it but they are very far apart. Shoot I just got an email from the parks and rec in Jacksonville that say I can "scan" but absolutely may NOT dig in any of their parks. You have to "dig" sometimes even if it is only surface digging. I tried to expain that to them and that I always cover my small holes but they said NO... NO DIGGING AT ALL. PERIOD! *sigh* :P

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It happens and crap occurs, at least you got out and got some peace of mind! HH, Mike

treasures4me2find

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2005
Murphy, N.C.
Yes it does happen, I have lots of junk and crap I have found. But I still hang in there when I get a chance to hunt. Cause you never know, today may be the day.

Ken

dave-enc

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Eastern North Carolina
Like the others say hang in there we all have those days, some places produce some dont. Its a percentage thing. Next time out you will do better. And if your ever out and see a silver impala with a couple of middle age crazies detecting stop and speak
hh
dave+bobbie

StickShift

Dec 1, 2005
USA
Hoggtyed said:
Well yesterday was so I decided to go out and try some new places.? I hit 2 school yards.? One elementary and one middle school.? To my surprise the elementry school was absolutely clean. No trash , no tabs, no foil, no clad,? I begin to wonder if my detector was working..? ?The middle school was a little better but it was all trash tabs, nails, scrap, wadded up foil.? After an hour I gave up..? I still had high hopes and wasn't whipped yet so I stopped by a park I had been meaning to check out.? I finally found a penny.? (I was beginning to worry)? I then found a cheap school yard type bracelet( Black cord with pewter letters that read <L I F E >)? All in all a pretty sad hall for 5 to 6 hours of detecting...? ?:-\? ?Still better than sitting at home collecting dust....? ;D? .....

Absolutely better than collecting dust, you have elminated 2 schools that have not produced and do not have
to worry if you have ever missed great fortunes by not searching or investigating them.........
Two less worries of missed fortunes that never panned out, Two less worries to cause sleepless nights of misfortune......... ;) My wishes that all your days be filled with happiness & joy.
HH
SS

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread