What's new

$200 Bonus Bucks, DFX , only 6 choices for coil....decisions.....

Jaw Jah Danny

Full Member
Joined
May 2, 2009
Messages
191
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
Thomasville, GA
Detector(s) used
MXT ,Tesoro Compadre ,Tesoro Tiger Shark, DFX
Super 12" $249.95...
Double D 10" $249.95
Blue Max 950 $119.95
Eclispe 6" $149.95
XLT Bullseye 5.3 $119.95
Eclispe 4 X 6 Shooter $149.95

New DFX yesterday. Someone had suggested getting the 6X10 , but it's not on bonus bucks choices.

Which coil should I get? I want the best one for finding silver coins.

Thanks,
Danny
 
Well, tha XLT Bullseye 5.3 $119.95 of course.

Happy Huntin,

Tabdog
 
The trouble is, you need different coiuls for different situations. For example, are most of the places you hunt quite trashy? Then a smaller coil may be needed. Or do you hunt places where the beeps are few & far between? Then a larger coil may be better. Is your ground extremely mineralized? Then you may do better with a double D coil. The DD would be maybe slightly less deep in center of coil, but deeper than stock coil furthur towards the edge of the coil.

It may be better to get a small coil or two with the bonus bucks. Sometimes you can get one of those $250 12" coils slightly used for $150 or less. It's your decision, & hope I haven't made the decision more difficult. HH, George (MN)
 
I want to upgrade mine to the DD 10"! Good for beach hunting-open face! :thumbsup:
 
When I bought my DFX I had that offer where I got the Super 12 for free. So I sent in and get that. This year, I went and bought that Spectrum 5.3. I thought it would be good to narrow down the search area.
 
ok --make it easy -- the 3 and 15 range tend to get best depth ---the 6.59 is a good over all model --- smaller coils if you hunt junk filled areas -- with lots of old iron nails and trash --- bigger coils cover more ground allowing you to cover more ground --but in trashy areas tend to pick up more than one item at a time --masking good items with bad often --

the standard coil that comes with the DFX is the 3/15 freq ecilpse 9.5 coil

for 3 /15 range use the eclipse DD type 4 x 6 shooter coil ( for hunting in trashy spots )--$149.95

for a (6.59 range) coil -- depending on your use / hunt you could go with either the bullseye 5.3 ( small trashy area hunter) or a bigger type "standard size" coil blue max 950 --either one for $119.95

total cost fot the pair $269.90 plus S & H and taxes ---minus the $200 bonus bucks -- not too bad at all

but you'lll have a good general purpose coil and a thin profile trashy area hunter coil with deep seeking dual range 3 / 15 --to hunt out the deeper silver coins

with the pair you got 3 of the ranges covered 3, 6,59 and 15 ---which are the popular ranges for finding stuff by most detectors and by being able to use all 3 freqs you will be able to get the most out of your detector
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom