Did I get a good deal on a DFX?

Rocky77

Feb 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just picked up a DFX in excellent condition with 6x10 DD and 950 coil and Sun Ray probe for $525. Found it on feebay and I was the only bidder! I hope the thing works!

Also, I'm selling my XLT and was wondering what a good asking price would be. I have the Blue Max 600 and 800 older style coils plus the 950. It works beautifully and is in great condition. I also have the Bullseye pinpointer thrown into the package. I was asking $450 but don't know if that's too high or not.

Thanks in advance for any help.

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Seem like a pretty good deal to me! Enjoy!

Wayfarer

Dec 7, 2005
Western Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's: V3i, MXT, XL Pro
(In the past: White's: VX3, DFX, XLT, 6000 Di Pro SL, Coinmaster 2DB --- Minelab CTX 3030, Equinox 800)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, that's a great deal. I sold my DFX last fall on Fleabay for $850. Excellent condition, no extra coils, but lots of extras like pinpointer, soft case, the Jeff Foster book, digger, etc.. I'd say you got a super-duper deal. The DFX is a great machine. The XLT is a good machine too (I still have one), but not as good as the DFX. In excellent condition with the pinpointer, I'd put $400 on it. Enjoy that DFX!

OP
OP
R

Rocky77

Feb 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, that's a great deal. I sold my DFX last fall on Fleabay for $850. Excellent condition, no extra coils, but lots of extras like pinpointer, soft case, the Jeff Foster book, digger, etc.. I'd say you got a super-duper deal. The DFX is a great machine. The XLT is a good machine too (I still have one), but not as good as the DFX. In excellent condition with the pinpointer, I'd put $400 on it. Enjoy that DFX!

Thanks a lot for reply! I'm really excited to get my DFX. I really enjoyed the XLT, so I'll see if the DFX treats me just the same.

RL OH

Feb 7, 2007
Yes, that is a great deal for a nice DFX. I was watching the detector you bought and forgot to check it out at closing time. It appears to be in excellent condition and you will like the 6x10 dd coil. Most people put this coil on their DFX and just leave it on. Good luck.

a4wdguy

Mar 10, 2005
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
TDI, DFX, M6, XLT, XL Pro, CM 6000 Di Pro, Beach Hunter ID 300, Beach Hunter ID, Surfmaster P.I.(Plus)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Speaking from experience, don't be too quick to sell your old detector.
You never know what might come up.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its always nice having an extra detector around since no 2 models r alike different spots different machines then u also will have a backup just in case snything happens to ur main one & u gotta send it in for repairs, a loaner for friends or family to go is also a plus. Another note sounds like u did get a good deal on it the dfx model is very well built the person I go out with uses one he is very good with it & I think it does keep up wiith the higher end models aswell

OP
OP
R

Rocky77

Feb 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone for the replies! I'm sure I'll be happy with the DFX since I was happy with the XLT. I already have an X-Terra 705 so the XLT has to go. If anyone is interested, I'm selling it for $400.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ohh well there u go least u still.have nack up or what ever else ull need it for if anything

ArizFlash

Sep 19, 2008
North Central WA
Detector(s) used
Whites - V3 i , MXT Pro, XLT, IDX
Fisher F70, Teknetics Eurotek Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rocky:

You got a great deal on the DFX. I've never heard of Freebay. Is that Craigslist or a euphemism for eBay? I'd love to have a DFX setup like you got for the same price point.

In regard to your XLT's value I think the $400+ range is good. Last March I sold my XLT for $530. The XLT had just been complettely refurbished by Whites in Sweet Home (new pod, screen, touch pads, coil connectors, gaskets along with a new 950 coil). The repairs cost $140 including two way shipping. It was sold with the original hardcase, unused ni-cad battery & charger, along with a set of headphones and a Wilcox digger.

I used the money to buy a stock MXT Pro still under warranty which cost $677. Since then I've gotten rid of the 300 (12") coil and bought a 5.3 Eclipse, 6X8 SEF DD, 6X9 Eclipse DD, 950 Eclipse, and a 10X12 SEF DD. I also picked up a new DX-1 pin-pointer. So far I really like the MXT. It is a little heavy but a great detector.

Hope this helps.

Arizflash

I just picked up a DFX in excellent condition with 6x10 DD and 950 coil and Sun Ray probe for $525. Found it on feebay and I was the only bidder! I hope the thing works!

Also, I'm selling my XLT and was wondering what a good asking price would be. I have the Blue Max 600 and 800 older style coils plus the 950. It works beautifully and is in great condition. I also have the Bullseye pinpointer thrown into the package. I was asking $450 but don't know if that's too high or not.

Thanks in advance for any help.

OP
OP
R

Rocky77

Feb 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Fee bay" is what it's called due to all the darned fees you have to pay when you list an item.

Thanks for your response, though. I'm hoping someone will come along and pick up the XLT. It's a great detector and still performs well for an older machine. I was looking at the MXT Pro, and might even put the DFX up for sale in the near future to purchase one.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread