What's new

2009 silver connecticut proof in change

dunc

Full Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2009
Messages
127
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Location
copperopolis ca.
I know the value of these in unc but what about this, just melt?
 

Attachments

  • 001.webp
    001.webp
    88.5 KB · Views: 354
  • 002.webp
    002.webp
    135.5 KB · Views: 348
  • 001.webp
    001.webp
    88.5 KB · Views: 340
  • 002.webp
    002.webp
    135.5 KB · Views: 331
Upvote 0
You had me scratching my head there for a minute. 2009 Connecticut? never heard of one.

But since it is a 1999 (not 2009) Connecticut, it makes much more sense. :-)

As for the value? Let me ask if you are sure it is silver. I ask only because they made many more clad 1999-S Connecticut than silver ones. Are you assuming it is silver because it is a proof, or is it really silver?

If silver, then about $4 I would think. If clad, probably worth just a tad over face value.

i have a 1999-S Georgia quarter (clad) that I got about 6 months ago. Of course I ketp it, as it is arare to see a proof in the wilds when it comes to quarters. Much rarer than we see the halves in proof. So it is a good find. :-)
 
Yeah I don't know why I put 2009 but It is silver, I know the difference. I've been coin roll hunting for a couple of years now and thank goodness for it because the sound of the coins rubbing together is what originally got my attention.
 
I found a Maryland silver proof about a year ago. I was stumped because I heard the sound and there was nothing but state quarters in my hand. Eventually I figured out one of them was silver. :laughing7: Nice find! :thumbsup:
 
very nice, i got a new jersey silver rim but no silver sound, so just clad i guess... congrats to you! if your a collector at all thats a keeper for sure...
 
I got one at the car wash last year, now whenever I drive by and have time I can't help but run a $20 through the changer LOL. HH Mark
 
Silver Stripe said:
I got one at the car wash last year, now whenever I drive by and have time I can't help but run a $20 through the changer LOL. HH Mark

I do that too. If I have luck somewher, I keep going back to that spot hoping for lightning to strike twice. lol.

Now you know how Las Vegas does it. they pay out, making people keep putting money in. But those people lose money, and we, when we don' tget a winning hand, still come out break even. Big difference. :-)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom