What's new

2009 Week 4 Dime Bag #1 WOW WOW WOW

waseeker

Bronze Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2006
Messages
1,133
Reaction score
25
Golden Thread
0
Location
Pacific Northwest
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX; Minelab eTrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Earlier this evening I posted my finds from the reject bin at one of my banks. It included 2 mercury dimes. I hoped it was an omen for what I would find in the bag.

BOY WAS IT EVER.

Managed my best dime bag ever in 3+ years of hunting.

Totals were 238 total silver dimes as follows:
Mercury Dimes in bag 176
Mercury Dimes in reject bin 2
Roosevelt Dimes in Bag 60


Dates for the Mercs:
1916; 1917; 1918D; 1919; 1920(3); 1920S; 1923; 1924; 1925; 1925S; 1927(2); 1928(2); 1928D; 1930; 1934; 1935(3); 1935D; 1935S(3); 1936(7); 1936D(2); 1936S(4); 1937(2); 1937D(2); 1938; 1938S(3); 1939(6); 1939D(2); 1939S(3); 1940(2); 1940D(2); 1940S(3); 1941(3); 1941D(3); 1941S(7); 1942(9); 1942D(4); 1942S(14); 1943(16); 1943D(4); 1943S(11); 1944(14); 1944D(7); 1944S(4); 1945(5); 1945D(2); 1945S(7); 1945S Micro S.

Dates for the Roosies
1946S; 1947; 1947S; 1949D; 1953D; 1954; 1954D(2); 1957D(2); 1958D(2); 1959D(2); 1960(2); 1960D(2); 1961(3); 1961D(2); 1962D(2); 1963D(5); 1964(4); 1964D(26).

Dates for the 2 mercs in the reject bin 1935S; 1943.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the cent bags I got from this same branch will turn out well also:).
 

Attachments

  • week 4 2009 silver merc.webp
    week 4 2009 silver merc.webp
    36.1 KB · Views: 444
  • week 4 2009 silver roosie.webp
    week 4 2009 silver roosie.webp
    39 KB · Views: 443
Upvote 0
Waseeker NICE SCORE!
Do you asked to be called when a bag is full or do you just hit or miss whe nhitting banks for a bag?
Never did a bag but alot are showing up in the banks,,,,,,, thus more peoples are cashing in! :thumbsup:
 
WOW Unbelievable!!! What a super,super great dime bag!!! Congratulations!!!!
 

Attachments

  • icon_faint.gif
    icon_faint.gif
    4.6 KB · Views: 421
55 Double DD said:
Waseeker NICE SCORE!
Do you asked to be called when a bag is full or do you just hit or miss whe nhitting banks for a bag?
Never did a bag but alot are showing up in the banks,,,,,,, thus more peoples are cashing in! :thumbsup:

I visit the same 3 branches of my bank every week. I go the day before the armored car service is scheduled to arrive. That way I get everything that has come off the machine for the week.
 
Good haul on those dimes! We all hope to score like that! FFD
 
That is mad crazy!! Ahhh I need to do some of these bags. Ok where do you find these bags??? I belong to Navy Federal and I am pretty sure that the machines regect the silver so... What am I doing wrong?

-Golden Silver
 
Holy %$#@ :thumbsup: That is unbelievable. That should almost be a banner find :icon_sunny:
 
Nice score, I'd pick up every bag from that bank, instead of the cents, I'd pick up the quarters or halves first!
 
Now thats a BIG SCORE, CONGRATS :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 
WOW in an an understatement. That is one heck of a hoard of Mercury dimes!
 
Great going! You put my best 109 silver dime hoard to shame! Awesome early dates there, too. Good luck with the other denominations.

Brian
 
that is an unbelieveable amount of mercs...i am stunned
so do you ask the armored car guys for the bags or the bank...and if its the bank then why wait for pick-up day?
 
Certified dream Bag!

Congrats!
 
WOW! Lots of silver, and old dates to boot!! You did AWESOME with that bag! Congratulations!!

golden silver said:
That is mad crazy!! Ahhh I need to do some of these bags. Ok where do you find these bags??? I belong to Navy Federal and I am pretty sure that the machines regect the silver so... What am I doing wrong?

-Golden Silver

I have seen silver in the bags when they were being unloaded. Not sure how much rejection they use. Maybe toss a few silver in and see what happens? I dont have the balls personally.
 
unbelieavale
absolutly amazing huge congrats
 
golden silver said:
That is mad crazy!! Ahhh I need to do some of these bags. Ok where do you find these bags??? I belong to Navy Federal and I am pretty sure that the machines regect the silver so... What am I doing wrong?

-Golden Silver

It's just a matter of repetition. I don't order rolls, I only search bags from the counting machine. that way I get stuff that comes direct from the customer without first having been through brinks and who knows how many businesses and other hands along the way.

The machines don't routinely reject silver, but when I find one in the reject bin it's a good indication there may be more in the bags themselves.

Finds like this are pretty rare, typically I get 4-10 silver dimes per bag with an occasional Mercury.
 
seger98 said:
Nice score, I'd pick up every bag from that bank, instead of the cents, I'd pick up the quarters or halves first!

Funny you should mention that. After getting home and opening that bag of dimes and realizing what I had, I called the branch to see what else they had. They had 3 bags of quarters and 1 bag of nickels. I hotfooted it back up there and bought those.

3 Bags of quarters (12,000 coins) produced 1 1964D Quarter. That has been my experience with quarter bags, they don't produce nearly as well as dimes. I think there has been so much focus on the state quarter program that people pay more attention to quarters.
 
I firmly believe hard times are making people pull out their keepers and spend them. I would have been so excited to have found those :thumbsup:
 
mistergee said:
that is an unbelieveable amount of mercs...i am stunned
so do you ask the armored car guys for the bags or the bank...and if its the bank then why wait for pick-up day?

The bank. I typically get 6-10 bags of cents and 1-3 bags of dimes per week from the 3 branches I visit. That is more than enough to keep me busy during the week. They won't sell bags to anyone but me so I know I'm getting everything that comes in the door. Also, if my dump bank (the one whose machine has a bin instead of bags) is full I can dump at one of the branches knowing that those bags will go out the next day and I won't be getting repeats.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom