2015 Top 8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2015 started out great for me in the spring. Then came about 4 straight months of working 7 days a week in Vt. So I lost a lot of time. But I managed a few good ones. The spoons are by far my favorite recovery this season. They are for sure the rarest thing I've ever dug and likely ever will dig.
image.jpg
image.jpg
I dug 11 shoe buckles this past year. Two really stand out to me. One is a complete single chape from the 1600s I love this buckle
image.jpg
The other is an openeork frame with a huge arch. It's just a unique buckle unlike any I've found or seen
image.jpg
This Rev War era sling buckle is another of my favorites. I had no clue what it was when I dug it
image.jpg
I dug a few decent coins as well. The 1772 half real that was converted to a Cufflink is my favorite
image.jpg
This 1802 Real I love the look of. Detail is strong and the toning is nice
image.jpg
I found a couple other Spanish but nothing very attractive. This Mass cent with the hand scalloped edge is a Ryder 11-C 65-124 known
image.jpg
Not sure why I like this copper so much but it's diffefent and has decent detail
image.jpg
image.jpg

I hope this is a special year for all. Mark my words there's going to be some killer finds posted. I am going to work as hard as possible to make this the BEST season so far. I guess that's not saying much considering it will only be my 3rd full one. But anyway........88888888

Upvote 17
OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

oxbowbarefoot

Banned
May 25, 2011
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Other
My third or fourth year was probably my best year detecting. Last year was my worst, mainly because I just didn't put in the mileage and my top site got shut down. Your best year will be when you find the NE coin

OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My third or fourth year was probably my best year detecting. Last year was my worst, mainly because I just didn't put in the mileage and my top site got shut down. Your best year will be when you find the NE coin

I'm really looking forward to this season. I should be working locally all summer. I also have a huge list of sites lined up. But you just never know. I gotta tell ya buddy....if any of us find a NE Shilling I will be over the moon. If it's me I might actually jump over the moon

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread