46Wheat
Silver Member
- Joined
- May 23, 2014
- Messages
- 3,651
- Reaction score
- 3,357
- Golden Thread
- 1
- Location
- Upstate NY
- 🥇 Banner finds
- 1
- Detector(s) used
- Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
- #1
Thread Owner
I started out strong this spring and it kind of slowed down this fall due to family stuff , but I had a great year overall . This first thing I will show is my pile o'clad which amounted to 64.75 to include $ 2 in Dollar coins, $30 in Quarters, $6 in Nickels , $19.50 in Dimes and a back breaking $7.25 in Cents


Followed by an equally back breaking 183 wheat cents including over 25 pre 1920s .
A good assortment of relics, buttons, goodies and odds & ends . My favorite to include the 1908 Presidential Race Watch Fob, German Silver Phoenix Bolo Tie Clasp and the horseshoe nail ring








1 Canadian Un Sou piece , 2 LCs and my oldest coin to date a 1736 KG II .
Some interesting tokens
I did manage to find a couple of rings and jewelry but I cant seem to locate them for picture day
Nothing ground breaking just some .925 kids rings a couple of bracelets and a gold belly button ring
Non silver decent coin finds included 8 IH pennies including a 1909s , 10 Buffs and 2 V nickels
Finally on to my silver for the year which ended up being 67 pieces total
I had two big highlights of the year ... the first being my cache of 15 Franklin Halves I found buried in a can on the edge of Alan Ginsbergs old farm

The second being the coin spill I found of a 1875 3 cent Nickel , a 1862 Trime and a 1872 Seated Half Dime
The rest of the silver to include 1 Barber Half , 2 Walker Halves and 1 1969 Kennedy Half . I cant believe I found 4 different kinds of halves this year
For Quarters I managed to rescue 2 Barbers , 6 Washingtons and 2 Canadian Silver
I found the most silver in the dimes as im sure most people do . Included were 1 Seated ,5 Barbers , 8 Mercs ,13 Rosies and 2 Canadian dimes
Finally last but not least it took me most of the summer to find my first but I ended up with 5 OD nickels

I have to include a couple of pictures of all my silver in one big shiny pile on my desk

It was a long detecting season this year I just wish I could of gone all year as strong as I started but life has a way of interfering sometimes . Good luck to all and cant wait to see what 2016 brings


Followed by an equally back breaking 183 wheat cents including over 25 pre 1920s .

A good assortment of relics, buttons, goodies and odds & ends . My favorite to include the 1908 Presidential Race Watch Fob, German Silver Phoenix Bolo Tie Clasp and the horseshoe nail ring









1 Canadian Un Sou piece , 2 LCs and my oldest coin to date a 1736 KG II .

Some interesting tokens

I did manage to find a couple of rings and jewelry but I cant seem to locate them for picture day
Nothing ground breaking just some .925 kids rings a couple of bracelets and a gold belly button ringNon silver decent coin finds included 8 IH pennies including a 1909s , 10 Buffs and 2 V nickels

Finally on to my silver for the year which ended up being 67 pieces total
I had two big highlights of the year ... the first being my cache of 15 Franklin Halves I found buried in a can on the edge of Alan Ginsbergs old farm


The second being the coin spill I found of a 1875 3 cent Nickel , a 1862 Trime and a 1872 Seated Half Dime

The rest of the silver to include 1 Barber Half , 2 Walker Halves and 1 1969 Kennedy Half . I cant believe I found 4 different kinds of halves this year

For Quarters I managed to rescue 2 Barbers , 6 Washingtons and 2 Canadian Silver

I found the most silver in the dimes as im sure most people do . Included were 1 Seated ,5 Barbers , 8 Mercs ,13 Rosies and 2 Canadian dimes

Finally last but not least it took me most of the summer to find my first but I ended up with 5 OD nickels


I have to include a couple of pictures of all my silver in one big shiny pile on my desk


It was a long detecting season this year I just wish I could of gone all year as strong as I started but life has a way of interfering sometimes . Good luck to all and cant wait to see what 2016 brings
Last edited:

Looks like you had an awesome year and it's going to be hard to beat both the cache find and old pocket spill in 2016. You sure killed it on silvers this season.
I enjoy reading your posts. Here's to a better 2016, cheers 






