What's new

2021 West point mint quarters??

dreamboxvip

Full Member
Joined
May 1, 2014
Messages
220
Reaction score
110
Golden Thread
0
Will the mint be producing these for 2021?
Technically, the first coin, Tuskegee Airmen is the last of the ATB series. I haven't been able to find the info.. I know it's being released early to combat the fake coin shortage we have going on....

Anybody know??
 
Upvote 0
I'm guessing not. The original premise behind the W quarters was to inspire and encourage coin collecting with the Great American Coin Hunt. They were purposely released into circulation for people to find and not made available to collectors through the Mint. The carryover into last year allowed for them to recognize the 75th anniversary of WW2 victory with the first privy mark in the history of us coinage. The faux coin shortage has of course disrupted the Coin Hunt and with no specific anniversary to recognize, I presume the W quarter mintage will end also.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom