2nd Day With New Detector--Silver!

heepiepow

Aug 27, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi! Yesterday my new Teknetics Delta 4000 arrived. Me and my mom had been sharing a Bounty Hunter Tracker IV for the last couple years that we bought together and having great fun with it. But it was upgrade time for me! And also we don't have to wait our turn anymore :thumbsup:

Spent yesterday trying to learn the basics, which is a big challenge with the LED screen, ID #, notching, etc. which the BH didn't have. Feel really clueless, hehe.

So today I took it to the best place I've ever found, a train cut that's produced a whole lot of silver coins, a gold ring, an Indian Head, etc. Part of the etc. is the fourth Merc from there, which I got today! It's a 1944D in the best shape yet of my Mercs, nice details and shiny out of the ground.

The other pictured thing is a very nice slide/buckle/something enamelled flower bouquet on brass. On this one I was detecting right at the base of a tree on a slope. Got a great steady signal (forget the #) and depth indicator was 6 or 7 inches. Unfortunately there was a 4 inch root in the way! But I located a side way in where my hand barely fit, and kept scraping dirt off and teasing it out. This was a great payoff!

Also found 7 other coins and a huge keychain containing 22 (modern) keys!

HH!

Attachments

• 1944Merc and nice flower buckle.jpg
    1944Merc and nice flower buckle.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 147
Upvote 7

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way cool....nice silver. Congrats.:icon_thumleft:

got2dig

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2012
Mid-Tenn
Detector(s) used
XLT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice 44. And now you both can rock and roll up the dirt. HH

OP
OP
heepiepow

heepiepow

Aug 27, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks y'all! got2dig, it's going to be great with each of us having our own. I wonder though when we detect together if we'll fight over spots! :laughing7:

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any time shared with family is a good thing. Happy hunting.

Calvin.Coin

Sep 27, 2012
Southwestern America
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like you really worked for those flowers, nice!

That's cool that the hobby is something that you share with your mom. Now that you have such a great new machine I bet she gets a least a little envious...but if she out-paces you with finds that might cause some competition, haha.

sincerely,
cc

OP
OP
heepiepow

heepiepow

Aug 27, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sounds like you really worked for those flowers, nice!

That's cool that the hobby is something that you share with your mom. Now that you have such a great new machine I bet she gets a least a little envious...but if she out-paces you with finds that might cause some competition, haha.

sincerely,
cc

Hehe! Yeah, there's already some friendly competition. I was jealous for her dollar coin finds--she'd found a gorgeous Peace Dollar, a Susan B Anthony, and a Sacagawea! I hadn't found any until we got together a couple weeks ago and I scored a Zachary Taylor Presidential. Hmmm, come to think of it all of those were found on days we detected together (though amazingly she eyeballed the Peace while checking out the site prior to us meeting at McDonalds!)

Calvin.Coin

Sep 27, 2012
Southwestern America
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! You guys must have some good hunting grounds. I'm jealous of all those dollar finds, LoL. I've only been at it about a month but have finally found a productive area, wish it was closer though...

treasure is where you find it,
cc

kiana7

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2012
Riverside,California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT PRO,Whites PI dual Field,CZ21,Stealth 790
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WTG:icon_thumleft:,congrats on your new detector and finds,,HH:hello:

ragu

Dec 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
The buckle is beautiful! Congrats on the silver as well! My wife and I share an Ace 250 so i know what "waiting your turn" is all about. We take turns detecting and digging. Its a good time! My wife wants to go big for our upgrade... A minelab ctx 3030! Guess I better get out there with the Ace and save up! I really do hope you turn up more silver and I doubt you will end up fighting over spots! You'll come up with a plan of attack, execute it, and then switch sides and pick up what the other missed!

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Way to go, Dave! Love the beautiful buckle! Surprisingly good shape. And gotta be one of the nicest mercs I've seen. I like ragu's suggestion that you and I switch sides after we each go over an area - that would add a fun competitive edge for each as we "clean up" what the other missed! Only trouble there, you don't seem to miss much! Near the beach there's still a mystery metal under huge tree where two roots are very close together, that I've given up on twice! Guess soon I'll go at it a third time! I'm looking forward to trying out your new Teknetics soon, maybe I'll find my first gold with it too. Have fun this week!
Yo Mama Andi g-olden years.

kam50

Mar 7, 2009
Canton,Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2 Garrett Pro pointer
Minelab X-Terra 305 Garrett pro pointer(Fake one got ripped off!)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Really nice finds:hello2:HH

OUTCOME1

Oct 22, 2012
Hanover, VA
Detector(s) used
teknetics delta 4000 w/dd coil...teknetics pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
encouraging, since im getting ready to make my second trip ever this afternoon metal detecting in general!!...the first time i went metal detecting last week i found a ton of pull tabs, beer cans, foil, two quarters, 3 pennies ect..i hope today is a little better.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread