What's new

2nd ever bag of halves!

Rosco53

Hero Member
Joined
Mar 17, 2018
Messages
720
Reaction score
1,749
Golden Thread
0
Location
Bryant, WI
Detector(s) used
Tracker IV (hobby lobby 40% off ;-) )
Primary Interest:
Other
Was in the bank today returning my cents, and asked about nickels. Overheard the teller mention to the other one that "they're next to the bag of halves", at which I immediately perked up and asked if I could buy that bag as well. They were great with me, as always, and sure enough I left with some nickels and my 2nd ever bag of halves...which was a complete waste. I did find 5 keeper dates for my books: 2001p, 2021p/d & 2023p/d, but beyond that nothing. Actually, I lie, found a guitar pick. Yeah. Think I'll stick to cents and the occasional war/buffalo hunt. Neat to try but I'm not looking for silver, like to find old and foreign coins. Though, luckily people don't check the reject bin at my bank, and every time now I've gotten something, including a Houston Space Center squashed cent and a Swiss $0.20 coin today, as well as 2 quarters. Now onto the nickels!
 
Upvote 4
Was in the bank today returning my cents, and asked about nickels. Overheard the teller mention to the other one that "they're next to the bag of halves", at which I immediately perked up and asked if I could buy that bag as well. They were great with me, as always, and sure enough I left with some nickels and my 2nd ever bag of halves...which was a complete waste. I did find 5 keeper dates for my books: 2001p, 2021p/d & 2023p/d, but beyond that nothing. Actually, I lie, found a guitar pick. Yeah. Think I'll stick to cents and the occasional war/buffalo hunt. Neat to try but I'm not looking for silver, like to find old and foreign coins. Though, luckily people don't check the reject bin at my bank, and every time now I've gotten something, including a Houston Space Center squashed cent and a Swiss $0.20 coin today, as well as 2 quarters. Now onto the nickels!
Fellow currency collector. Have you started to collect bills yet or only coins
 
Fellow currency collector. Have you started to collect bills yet or only coins
I have a couple older bills and a few $2 bills, but nothing serious. I did splurge on a confederate bill at a coin convention once, merely for the history of it. I'm more than happy just searching through cents/nickels hoping for old coins, and its kinder to my checking account.
 
I have a couple older bills and a few $2 bills, but nothing serious. I did splurge on a confederate bill at a coin convention once, merely for the history of it. I'm more than happy just searching through cents/nickels hoping for old coins, and its kinder to my checking account.
Do you no deposit it back after your search? Check out the 2013 B star note 1$. There’s duplicate serial numbers out there
 
...Neat to try but I'm not looking for silver, like to find old and foreign coins.
Cannot stress how underrated and important this is.

The desire for profit via silver is so pervasive in the hobby that the simple joy of finding old or foreign coins sometimes gets overlooked, especially by many Youtube searchers. I've found close to 500 different foreigns in over ten years of bank and Coinstar searching (forty years if you include casino searching). If any silver turns up, it's merely a bonus.
 
I bought 4 bags of Halves up in Michigan a while back NOT ONE SILVER !!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom