What's new

Latest Bank Bag of halves

Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Joined
Aug 7, 2012
Messages
1,659
Reaction score
1,652
Golden Thread
0
Location
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
It took almost a year for the bank to fill their half bag. Last spring I had topped it off and yesterday they told me it was 80% full so I went there today and topped it off with $175. bought the bag and brought it home.
I haven't opened it yet, will do that while watching the golf this weekend plus it is raining this weekend also.

BUT I did put it on my lap and shook it to get the halves to move around, saw a penny LOL but also saw 2 1964 and 3 or 4 40% so it won't be a skunk!
 
Upvote 6
Opened the bag and went through about $180, 1 coffee can full, and found 4 1964's and 11 40%, still have over $500 to go through since some of them were my dump. It is already a great bag, hoping for much more!

20250410_200106.webp
 
Lucky bastage.....
Seriously, great work just getting the bag buy set up!
 
Lucky bastage.....
Seriously, great work just getting the bag buy set up!

This is the 3rd or 4th bag I have bought off them over the last 4 years, get about 1 a year. I wish other banks would sell them, the only other one that DID no longer does. I usually don't wait for them to call me but every month or so they let me know how much is in it and this time I put $175 worth of halves to fill it and then bought it.
 
I’ll have to try that at our local bank. I’ve known both tellers for 20 yrs. Shouldn’t be a problem. Thanks for giving me another rabbit hole to go down.🤣😜
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom