What's new

2nd recent creek find

ptsofnc

Bronze Member
Joined
Apr 28, 2014
Messages
1,000
Reaction score
957
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this nice palmer point Fri. 7/24. Couldn't believe it when I saw it in my screen. This is the 7th point (4 whole, 3 broken) that I've found in the same place. There is an area in my creek that has a line of sandstone rocks all the way across the creek. It may have been a small mill of early settlers in this area. Anyway, it is a place where points have come down the creek and become lodged amongst the rocks and stuck there. Also found the old "cut nail/spike". By the way, Yakker gave me some tips of where to search. Thanks Yakker!


DSCN0933.webpDSCN0934.webp
 
Upvote 0
Found this nice palmer point Fri. 7/24. Couldn't believe it when I saw it in my screen. This is the 7th point (4 whole, 3 broken) that I've found in the same place. There is an area in my creek that has a line of sandstone rocks all the way across the creek. It may have been a small mill of early settlers in this area. Anyway, it is a place where points have come down the creek and become lodged amongst the rocks and stuck there. Also found the old "cut nail/spike". By the way, Yakker gave me some tips of where to search. Thanks Yakker!


View attachment 1192703View attachment 1192704
Hi. Nice point! Could you pass on a few tips for me?
 
That is a great point find! This was found in NC right? The archeologist in my area told me that the Palmer point is a transitional Paleo/Archaic point and roughly 9,000 years old.
 
That is a great point find! This was found in NC right? The archeologist in my area told me that the Palmer point is a transitional Paleo/Archaic point and roughly 9,000 years old.

Davidson County, NC.
 
Awesome looking point! I might lean more toward the Rowan type.
 
Very nice point. Congratulations
 
I got to admit that is a very nice perfect little point. I wish you more luck in those favorite spots.
 
Awesome looking point! I might lean more toward the Rowan type.

Yeah, I can see that. The base is ground and thinned quite a bit. Thanks for all responses!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom