3/13/10 Hempstead Co.,AR creek finds(sorry the pics are big)

John G. Scoggins

Jan 31, 2010
Fouke,Arkansas
My wife hadn't been arrowhead hunting with me since before we got married so I figured it was about time for her to go with me again.We only have one kayak so I made a deal with her that if she went, I would let her ride in the kayak and I would wade in the creek and pull her behind me.I'm wore out.Only managed to find a couple but I had a good time.I enjoyed her tagging along.Found the first point pretty close to the bridge we started out at.It's made out of some cream and pink chert that I don't recognize.I think it's a Johnson point.My favorite find of the day is the spokeshave.It's made out of some kind of early point.Probably a Dalton but I'm not sure.Material looks like Edwards.I'm including a pic of todays find with another spokeshave I found in Miller Co.,AR last year that is very similar. John "feeling like a mule" Scoggins
DSCN1288.jpg
DSCN1289.jpg
DSCN1291.jpg
DSCN1293.jpg
DSCN1295.jpg

Upvote 0
That first point is sweet! Nice looking material. :thumbsup:

Now I have to admire you pulling your wife down the creek in a Kayak! I bet she had a good time.
Nice finds as well John. That one base does look like a worn down Dalton, fun hunt and good workout. Like the insitu.
TnMtns

I'm wore out today, but it was worth it.She says she wants to go back as soon as the water warms up.Probably going to get a canoe or two seater kayak.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back