BMan
Greenie
- #1
Thread Owner
In A Guide to Treasure in Kentucky by Michael Paul Henson, page 13, Henson writes:
"BELL COUNTY - Wagons loaded with what is believed to be $3,000,000 in gold and silver bars were thrown into the Cumberland River above Pineville by a Union paymaster when he was about to be overtaken and captured by a band of Confederate raiders. There is no government report of this, but with a mixup in orders, the disorder of war, and the possible execution of the Union soldiers if captured, the money could have been thrown away."
Has anyone ran across this tale anywhere else?
I haven't, but I don't live near Bell County.
I have most of Henson's Kentucky related treasure books and while they are interesting, they suffer from poor documentation.
"BELL COUNTY - Wagons loaded with what is believed to be $3,000,000 in gold and silver bars were thrown into the Cumberland River above Pineville by a Union paymaster when he was about to be overtaken and captured by a band of Confederate raiders. There is no government report of this, but with a mixup in orders, the disorder of war, and the possible execution of the Union soldiers if captured, the money could have been thrown away."
Has anyone ran across this tale anywhere else?
I haven't, but I don't live near Bell County.
I have most of Henson's Kentucky related treasure books and while they are interesting, they suffer from poor documentation.
"Google" BELL COUNTY, KY TREASURE...
lamar, treasure is treasure... $$$$$$$$$$$$$? Who CARES!
Reading about this Bell County, KY treasure DOES interest me, in that a BUFORD fellow is mentioned; let's see... Bell... BEALE... BEALL! The Beale Treasure in Virginia... hmmmmmmmmmm. 
Did ya check the KENTUCKY - Treasure by Location "child-board" of TN? 


Sorry amigo, but if you can find some other detail, like the name of an officer involved or a date especially I will try again. 






