hogge
Silver Member
- Joined
- Mar 13, 2008
- Messages
- 3,825
- Reaction score
- 1,528
- Golden Thread
- 5
- Location
- Pittsfield Ma.
- 🥇 Banner finds
- 5
- Detector(s) used
- Teknetics T-2SE--Whites Prism IV
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
Look at these beauties!
Believe it or not, I got dates off all 3 IH's. 1883, 1899, and 1903. Golden1, The Vermonster, my brother, and I hit this new spot we have. There are alot of pine trees which makes the soil very acidic. Which in turn, is not very kind to copper coins. I have to actually clean these with "lukewarm" hydrogen peroxide, then dish soap and warm water. If you heat the peroxide up too much, it takes the detail and top surface of the coin away. (been there) NOT GOOD! Couldn't get a date off the LC but seems to be Matron Head, 1816-1836. Counterstamp is O.H.M.
Believe it or not, I got dates off all 3 IH's. 1883, 1899, and 1903. Golden1, The Vermonster, my brother, and I hit this new spot we have. There are alot of pine trees which makes the soil very acidic. Which in turn, is not very kind to copper coins. I have to actually clean these with "lukewarm" hydrogen peroxide, then dish soap and warm water. If you heat the peroxide up too much, it takes the detail and top surface of the coin away. (been there) NOT GOOD! Couldn't get a date off the LC but seems to be Matron Head, 1816-1836. Counterstamp is O.H.M.Attachments
Upvote
0

until he found it .I want to take my pin that I found and have someone get the corrosion off of it or do you know how to do that? It already is showing some detail but I don't want to damage it . 







