What's new

3 more

GroundS.KeepeR

Hero Member
Joined
Jan 25, 2009
Messages
872
Reaction score
213
Golden Thread
0
Location
Tennessee
What do i have?
 

Attachments

  • Stuff 044.webp
    Stuff 044.webp
    36.5 KB · Views: 317
#1 appears to be a iron stir up #2 looks like part of a horse bit and #3 are rings used to link chains.
 
Upvote 0
DirtyMike said:
#1 appears to be a iron stir up #2 looks like part of a horse bit and #3 are rings used to link chains.
Thanks kinda thought so on these ..I have about 2 ice cream buckets ..of dug up metal ..Is hard to throw it away ..never know may be something good that i dont know about.. :headbang: lol..
 
Upvote 0
Yep, I think #1 looks like an iron stirrup; #2 I can see very well, but could be part of a horse bit; #3 looks like wagon or horse tack. :icon_thumleft: Breezie
 
Upvote 0
How wide is #1? Is there a round hole about 1/2" in the center of the bottom. If so #1 is a part of a wagon. If no hole then it might be a stirup
 
Upvote 0
Breezie said:
Yep, I think #1 looks like an iron stirrup; #2 I can see very well, but could be part of a horse bit; #3 looks like wagon or horse tack. :icon_thumleft: Breezie
Thanks Breezie your always helpfull :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
vayank54 said:
How wide is #1? Is there a round hole about 1/2" in the center of the bottom. If so #1 is a part of a wagon. If no hole then it might be a stirup
With all the rust its hard to tell ..The only hole is on the one side..pics below..Thanks!
 

Attachments

  • horse 035.webp
    horse 035.webp
    46.3 KB · Views: 259
Upvote 0
No. 1 does appear to be an iron stirrup, but then the last picture posted makes it look like part of a singletree, which would also be a reasonable find to go with the chain links and bits. Either way, Great Finds!! I'm glad you don't toss things you don't recognize. I did that for a while because my Dad was saving scrap, until I inadvertently threw away the top of an Excelsior (Yankee) land mine, and several artillery fuses. I had to learn the hard way. Great Hunting and Good Luck!!! Regards, Skypilot
 
Upvote 0
skypilot02 said:
No. 1 does appear to be an iron stirrup, but then the last picture posted makes it look like part of a singletree, which would also be a reasonable find to go with the chain links and bits. Either way, Great Finds!! I'm glad you don't toss things you don't recognize. I did that for a while because my Dad was saving scrap, until I inadvertently threw away the top of an Excelsior (Yankee) land mine, and several artillery fuses. I had to learn the hard way. Great Hunting and Good Luck!!! Regards, Skypilot
Thank you :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
I think skypilot02 is right on the iron piece. That's what I was thinking of was a single tree but couldn't remember the name.
 
Upvote 0
vayank54 said:
I think skypilot02 is right on the iron piece. That's what I was thinking of was a single tree but couldn't remember the name.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: Thanks VY54!! Regards, Skypilot
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom