3 quick hunts digging lead

zaxfire69

Bronze Member
Jun 26, 2008
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 / Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These are the totals of 3 days at about 2 hours each day. The aluminum cans and pull tabs are not included. These boys dropped alot of bullets at this place. I'm using the F75 digging every signal. I hope I can keep going back to this place and dig more from time to time. I love digging bullets with the Fisher. I think it was a good haul. Take care folks. :thumbsup: zaxfire69
Total finds from 3 quick hunts
ab4bc953.jpg

Skeleton Key
04bc9bc3.jpg

Dr. Bengue' ???? Not sure on this one.

ed0c2c2e.jpg

Upvote 0
If you're finding that many bullets anywhere, you ought to be able to find a plate or at least some good buttons! Keep it up and nice job on saving some good American history!

Jrsherman I sure would like that. I've been looking for sure. :thumbsup:

That screw cap is from a tube of Bengay. The product was introduced to the USA in 1898 from France by Dr. Jules Bengué.

Nice finds.

Found the Bengay cap shallow so I bet it was dropped around the turn of the century. Most of the Lead was around 6-8 inches deep.

Toby this is my 2nd complete Skeleton Key. I also found a half of a key.. The First one was a beautiful Green color. This one is more rust color. Still a nice one for sure.

Half Skeleton Key
IMG_1999.jpg

The First Key
ef6ca0d1.jpg

Hey Vol1266x I did. Here is the video of it.

ZAX...very nice recoveries. I'm hunting a site very similar to yours. Only it appears not to be civil war but a home site dating from the late 1700 hundreds to the early 1800 hundreds. I have recovered a large quantity of .69 cal musket balls, a brass key very similar to yours. Also from this site a piece of flint and led holder from a musket rifle. I would say that our brass keys date fromabout the same time period. TomB

Attachments

• Key 007.jpg
    Key 007.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 258
  • Key 005.jpg
    Key 005.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 253
  • Key 006.jpg
    Key 006.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 257
  • Old home site recoverys 001.jpg
    Old home site recoverys 001.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 259
TomB I have been finding a ton of lead from this site. The Brass Key was a real treat. And crazy enough it was my first target of the day. I was digging every signal I found. No matter if it was Iron or a high tone. Really surprised me when I would get an Iron/Penny signal. I would dig it and it would be a deep bullet with a nail next to it or overtop of it. Did this quite a few times that day. I haven't been back out detecting since this day, but I can't wait to get back at it. Wife has been acting Fishy about a christmas present she got for me. Not sure what it is. Might be a detector. She is sneaky like that. :thumbsup:
Dirt Diggler I hope you get to get back out and dig some oldies soon. Get well soon. Romeo-1 you are right..Lead makes me ;D :thumbsup: Thanks for looking.

Thats alot of lead,you can almost hear the guns fireing,nothing that old back here for lead!
you did pick up some nice specimans though.Congrats.........................K.KID.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back