What's new

3 roosies in $205 rolled

phrostie

Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2008
Messages
534
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
Nap Town
Now that I've got your attention (yes I did find that...a 52, 51-D and a 64-D in the poorer area banks...(politically correct!)), my real question is on brinks boxes. Since I could only get $205 I got a brinks box. My question is do fellow CRH'ers take them out of the plastic or not. I only edge search and wanted to know what I should do before proceeding.

Oh, and at the one bank the lady said a lady had came in last week and dropped off nearly $600 in half dollars. Makes me wonder...fellow CRH'er or something else...probably a CRH'er.

Thanks and HH!
 
Upvote 0
Nice ratio. I leave them in the plastic and return them for cash. I then either ask for another box or go to another bank and repeat.

65GT350
 
Hey dandow, I would open them up because some silver is hard to spot. As for the 600 hundred in halves...buy them all, you can't loose.

-Golden Silver
 
AHH forgot to tell the story on the halves...they sold the halves last friday back to brinks. That's two weeks in a row that htey have sold the halves back to brinks. I left my name and number and asked for them to call me when they get some rolls in. Hopefully it will pan out as it was in a poorer area...

Always learn from your mistakes!
 
Open them that way you don't miss any and they get mixed back up, may be with silver.If you leave rolled you might get the same rolls back.
 
dandow20 said:
AHH forgot to tell the story on the halves...they sold the halves last friday back to brinks. That's two weeks in a row that htey have sold the halves back to brinks. I left my name and number and asked for them to call me when they get some rolls in. Hopefully it will pan out as it was in a poorer area...

Always learn from your mistakes!

My guess is that you found someones dump bank. It normally takes quite a while to accumulate $1K in halves.

65GT350
 
yeah i thought the same but the head teller said that was the first time she'd seen that lady in there...that's why I wondered (shouldn't leave these tidbits out the first time!). It could have been a bank member that uses a different bank normally or something...

The brinks box was skunk, i didn't take them out of the plastic (I'm not rolling them and my dumb for loose is too far from my work). I'm going to hit the poor areas up again tomorrow for rolled change. I think 3 dimes out of $205 is worth it and hopefully I'll find one with halves.

Happy hunting!!
 
dandow20 said:
The brinks box was skunk, i didn't take them out of the plastic (I'm not rolling them and my dumb for loose is too far from my work).

Your dumb for loose??? LOL :tard:

Proofreading goes a long way! :thumbsup:

-Codes
 
When searching clear-wrapped, I open maybe 20%, and thats even with many canadian shiny edges. Do alot of 'em and you're rarely ever wrong....
 
Take it easy codes your not trying to fill silver foxes shoes are you? He was the joker before he passed on.
:icon_jokercolor:
-Golden Silver
 
golden silver said:
Take it easy codes your not trying to fill silver foxes shoes are you? He was the joker before he passed on.
:icon_jokercolor:
-Golden Silver

No, No. Don't worry. I could never fill those shoes. I just saw an opportunity to take a shot at a fellow Hoosier. It was just so easy!

-Codes
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom