ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to one of my "old standby" locations last Sunday. My grandparents lived there in the early 1950s. While living there, they found "several" (around 100 according to their collective memory) Indian Head pennies in the yard, around the front or back door - depending on which one tells the story. :laughing7: While they don't agree on the location, the IHs were found, and there were a lot of them. I have hunted this spot several times - its where I go when I am short on time, or just otherwise can't come up with a better spot. I have yet to find an IH, or much of anything. Maybe 7-8 wheaties, 4 foreign coins, 1 silver dime (1962), and a Nazi belt buckle. Anyway, the finds for this trip:

1937, 1945x2 wheats (very odd than I find 3 wheats from agricultural field and able to get a date off all 3)

foreign coin (Japanese I think, about the size of a nickel)

bank token - Nearly half dollar sized. Says "Arkansas Trust Co." on the front with a picture of an Indian in full headdress. Some writing on the back. Can't make out all of it but basically its for 10 cents when opening a new savings account, and that account will yield 4% paid quarterly.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread