tnt-hunter
Bronze Member
- Joined
- Apr 20, 2018
- Messages
- 2,058
- Reaction score
- 12,114
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Mountain Maryland
- Detector(s) used
- Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
DAY 1
I went to the park closest to home and spent 4 hours swingin the CZ21 wandering around looking for new losses and missed goodies. I found 29 coins with a face value of $3.58, a clock frame, a toe tap, part of a pewter spoon, a copper bullet jacket, sinkers, a token, a toy car door, 2 live bullets, foil, can slaw, brass cartridges, shotgun shells and 16 tabs.
The toe tap is paper thin and looks like was used over and over from all the nail holes. The handle came out in 2 pieces. Neither piece is in good shape, but it lets me know there are still oldies in the park.
The token was in the mulch of the tot lot and is a very new drop. This is the second one I have found in the mulch in the last year. It is a sesquicentennial token for FROSTBURG MARYLAND issued in 1962, before I attended college there. It looks new and I am sure they are surplus that is being sold as souvenirs at the local museum or a local shop.
DAY 2
I got a new permission from the parents of a new scout to our troop. The dad was a scout years ago and I have known his family for a long time. I was showing pictures of some finds to some other leaders and he got very interested. His house was built in 1890 and he said I was welcome any time.
I spent 5.5 hours swingin the CZ21 to do the small front yard and found 90 coins with a fave value of $5.26, 2 keys, 16 wheaties, a coal chit, 2 rings,3 silver dimes, a bead, an Indian head penny, a V nickel, a buffalo nickel, a game token, a decorative hinged brass piece, 4 civilian buttons, a brass whatzit, an old spoon handle, a brass hair clip, assorted miscellaneous yard trash and only 3 tabs. This is an amazing number of decent finds for such a small yard.
The silver colored ring is definitely not silver. The gold colored one is a beauty and is marked 14k. Unfortunately you can see bubbles on the inside and I tested it. It is definitely not gold. 2 nice looking rings, but not precious metals. The IHP is a 1907. The front looks ok, but the back is a gorgeous green that we love on the IHPs. The V nickel is an 1894 in poor shape and buffalo is a 1919 in even worse shape, but amazingly the date is visible. The token is a bow tie token numbered 31554. Normally the back says GOOD FOR some amount IN TRADE, but this one is blank on the back. The wheaties are 1915, 1916, 1917, 1917, 1918, 1920, 1924, 1937, 1938, 1942, 1944, 1948, 1950, 1956, 1956D, and a toasted one. Quite a date range.
The buttons are all civilian with ferrous metal backs, so nothing great. The hair clip in rather different. It is in the shape of a table knife.
I showed the family the finds at the scout meeting. They were amazed at all I found and I haven’t touched the larger back yard yet. I am at the point where I am downsizing so I don’t need more stuff, I just love finding it so I let them keep everything. They know most of the people in the neighborhood and will get me permission for other homes. So more fun for me and the other folks get to keep the treasures I find so win win.
DAY 3
I went to a community park near Pennsylvania border. I haven’t been here in a few years. It is a small park with one baseball field that also serves as a soccer field in the fall, a basketball court and a tot lot. It does have a concession stand and you do find more coins around ball fields with food for sale.
I spent 4.5 hours swingin the CZ21 and found 102 coins with a face value of $8.61, a penny with a cross stamped out of the middle, a Pepsi game tab (R), a wire connector, a rifle cartridge, a little can slaw, a couple of aluminum bottle caps, 51 tabs and 2 pencil ends.
Nothing special, but fun with good gas money.
NON DETECTOR FINDS
I found a dime on the floor at the store and 4 pennies and a 2 cent euro coin in the coinstar machine. One of the pennies is a 1943 wheatie in poor condition. The 1943s are made of steel and don’t survive in the ground very well. I also found a cheapie earring on one of our walks.
I finally got a picture of one of the busy bees that are everywhere right now.
I also finished my next piece of furniture for my new place. A desk made of American chestnut from a church built in 1899 with walnut accents on the drawers.
I can’t wait to get back to the new permission and see what’s hiding in the back yard. Thanks for looking, stay safe, good luck and may your coil lead you to good things.
I went to the park closest to home and spent 4 hours swingin the CZ21 wandering around looking for new losses and missed goodies. I found 29 coins with a face value of $3.58, a clock frame, a toe tap, part of a pewter spoon, a copper bullet jacket, sinkers, a token, a toy car door, 2 live bullets, foil, can slaw, brass cartridges, shotgun shells and 16 tabs.
The toe tap is paper thin and looks like was used over and over from all the nail holes. The handle came out in 2 pieces. Neither piece is in good shape, but it lets me know there are still oldies in the park.
The token was in the mulch of the tot lot and is a very new drop. This is the second one I have found in the mulch in the last year. It is a sesquicentennial token for FROSTBURG MARYLAND issued in 1962, before I attended college there. It looks new and I am sure they are surplus that is being sold as souvenirs at the local museum or a local shop.
DAY 2
I got a new permission from the parents of a new scout to our troop. The dad was a scout years ago and I have known his family for a long time. I was showing pictures of some finds to some other leaders and he got very interested. His house was built in 1890 and he said I was welcome any time.
I spent 5.5 hours swingin the CZ21 to do the small front yard and found 90 coins with a fave value of $5.26, 2 keys, 16 wheaties, a coal chit, 2 rings,3 silver dimes, a bead, an Indian head penny, a V nickel, a buffalo nickel, a game token, a decorative hinged brass piece, 4 civilian buttons, a brass whatzit, an old spoon handle, a brass hair clip, assorted miscellaneous yard trash and only 3 tabs. This is an amazing number of decent finds for such a small yard.
The silver colored ring is definitely not silver. The gold colored one is a beauty and is marked 14k. Unfortunately you can see bubbles on the inside and I tested it. It is definitely not gold. 2 nice looking rings, but not precious metals. The IHP is a 1907. The front looks ok, but the back is a gorgeous green that we love on the IHPs. The V nickel is an 1894 in poor shape and buffalo is a 1919 in even worse shape, but amazingly the date is visible. The token is a bow tie token numbered 31554. Normally the back says GOOD FOR some amount IN TRADE, but this one is blank on the back. The wheaties are 1915, 1916, 1917, 1917, 1918, 1920, 1924, 1937, 1938, 1942, 1944, 1948, 1950, 1956, 1956D, and a toasted one. Quite a date range.
The buttons are all civilian with ferrous metal backs, so nothing great. The hair clip in rather different. It is in the shape of a table knife.
I showed the family the finds at the scout meeting. They were amazed at all I found and I haven’t touched the larger back yard yet. I am at the point where I am downsizing so I don’t need more stuff, I just love finding it so I let them keep everything. They know most of the people in the neighborhood and will get me permission for other homes. So more fun for me and the other folks get to keep the treasures I find so win win.
DAY 3
I went to a community park near Pennsylvania border. I haven’t been here in a few years. It is a small park with one baseball field that also serves as a soccer field in the fall, a basketball court and a tot lot. It does have a concession stand and you do find more coins around ball fields with food for sale.
I spent 4.5 hours swingin the CZ21 and found 102 coins with a face value of $8.61, a penny with a cross stamped out of the middle, a Pepsi game tab (R), a wire connector, a rifle cartridge, a little can slaw, a couple of aluminum bottle caps, 51 tabs and 2 pencil ends.
Nothing special, but fun with good gas money.
NON DETECTOR FINDS
I found a dime on the floor at the store and 4 pennies and a 2 cent euro coin in the coinstar machine. One of the pennies is a 1943 wheatie in poor condition. The 1943s are made of steel and don’t survive in the ground very well. I also found a cheapie earring on one of our walks.
I finally got a picture of one of the busy bees that are everywhere right now.
I also finished my next piece of furniture for my new place. A desk made of American chestnut from a church built in 1899 with walnut accents on the drawers.
I can’t wait to get back to the new permission and see what’s hiding in the back yard. Thanks for looking, stay safe, good luck and may your coil lead you to good things.
Upvote
17








